Is yer shop a mess...?

I must be the minority. Everything I use has a place, and everything I use goes back to that place when I'm not using it.

I have a few items that stay on the bench at all times, but 95% of items and materials get put away every day.

Back in the 70s...for those that remember those fine days....George Carlin did a hilarious stand up comedy gig on "stuff"
why we want it, how we get it, why we just want more and more....problem is, we don't have anywhere to put it.
But that will never stop us from wanting more.

Update, George Carlin "stuff" is on youtube, and according to him I need more stuff in my shop.

Last edited:
Back in the 70s...for those that remember those fine days....George Carlin did a hilarious stand up comedy gig on "stuff"
why we want it, how we get it, why we just want more and more....problem is, we don't have anywhere to put it.
But that will never stop us from wanting more.

Update, George Carlin "stuff" is on youtube, and according to him I need more stuff in my shop.

Yep I remember that. And what do you do when you get to much stuff? You buy a bigger house.
On another quote............Think about this.............Jumbo Shrimp???

Yes my shop is a constant mess and my wife says it looks terrible and dont know how I get anything done. Lately I have been trying to clean for 5 or 10 minutes before I start working and that seems to be a big help. I work mostly late nights on knives after my little kids go to bed so by the time Im done for the night...usually midnight...I dont want to clean up.

Yes my shop is a constant mess and my wife says it looks terrible and dont know how I get anything done. Lately I have been trying to clean for 5 or 10 minutes before I start working and that seems to be a big help. I work mostly late nights on knives after my little kids go to bed so by the time Im done for the night...usually midnight...I dont want to clean up.
Yep.
A prototype machinist I worked with once came over to my bench...look at what I had going on and then said..."Hauser...you're a mess....Your work is beautiful...but you're a mess..."

Lol...I guess If I have to choose between the environment I "create" and the work I create...that's how I want it. I do wish I wasn't so messy though...

Yep I remember that. And what do you do when you get to much stuff? You buy a bigger house.
On another quote............Think about this.............Jumbo Shrimp???
MMM-hmm.....how a 5'2" guys feels after three shots of tequila....

Back