Is this worth $175?

akey

Is this worth it? It doesn't appear to have any type of gauge but seems to be a good deal. It is working.

$(KGrHqIOKosFJorZFle0BSd-5DSgZw~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqVHJBUFJyGmYC9+BSd-4+eFcw~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16JHJGcFJmjYk,j0BSd-5PNpZg~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16RHJHcFFkcdMongBSd-5LW(!w~~60_57.jpg

Fedex dropped it out off today. Going to unbox it later after the baby and wife go to bed!!

I want to put this on a small wooden table with ceramic tile laid on top of it. Is that safe?

Fire it up and see how hot it gets underneath. My oven is 3in off the table and the table barely gets above ambient when the oven is 1500F. The outside of my oven is just warm to the touch really. A quick test will tell you what you need to do.

Fire it up and see how hot it gets underneath. My oven is 3in off the table and the table barely gets above ambient when the oven is 1500F. The outside of my oven is just warm to the touch really. A quick test will tell you what you need to do.

I couldn't stand it just sitting there so I did just that. It took a while to get hot but that was most likely because I kept opening it to look inside. The ceramic tile barely got warm and the sides got pretty hot but I could still touch them for a sec without getting burned. I put a piece of scrap 1080 in it and it got up to non-magnetic so I was happy about that. What are some things I can do to improve it? I need to have a temperature gauge and at some point I would like to be able to control the temp I guess. I don't know anything about these ovens so I don't know what is possible.

Back