Ironwood Bowie w/ hamon...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's a bowie I finished recently. I like how this one looks and feels in hand. It's got a light and slim feel. The blade is stout but has full distal taper and the balance feels just right to me. There is a lot of activity in the hamon that I just can't capture well. It has a really cool 'ghost' hamon line above the main line that pretty much mimics the main line from end to end. It is slightly visible in some of the photos.

Specs:
Hand forged from 1075 steel, clay quenched and etched
15" overall, 9 1/2" blade, .240" at the ricasso with full distal taper
Clip is just shy of sharp
Rounded spine and ricasso edge
My own damascus fittings
Coined bronze spacers
Premium Desert Ironwood handle, carved and contoured, VERY comfortable in hand
Matching Damascus finial nut

Claude Scott leather, beautiful as always.

All comments, discussion and critique welcome.

Very nice John, Bowie knives for me are what I've had the most fun building since I started into knives. I've done several other styles, but find myself always gravitating back to a Bowie!! Not sure why, I guess everybody has something that appeals to them. Anyway, that is an awesome knife, your work on bowies is just great, I'd love to watch you build one from start to finish to see how you get the "perfect look". The leather work is second to none as well. To bad I'm not MI, I'd come for a visit, lol.

Wayne

That is a well made beautiful knife. Someone is going to be happy to own that knife.

John - you sure are making some nice knives lately.

DeMo

Back