Interested in stonewashing? Deal alert.

akey

Harbor Freight has their 5lb metal vibrator/tumbler half off right now.

http://www.harborfreight.com/mercha...-15-13/5-lb-metal-vibrator-tumbler-67617.html

Pair that with this 25% coupon and you are looking at 37.49 before the 6.99 flat rate shipping.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-coupon912-aff-11.html

Caveat: I do not know how good this one works beyond the YT videos I have seen it used in so this will be my first experience with it. I picked one up today at my local HF and they let me use the coupon straight from my phone so I saved the shipping. I bought a 1 year warranty for 12.99. The ceramic media available from HF by all accounts is crap.

I use the 18lb vibratory tumbler and have no complaints. Mine has been running for hundreds of hours and does exactly what I want it to.

I am, however, using the HF media in it, and have just about reached the end if its effective life span I think. I'll likely try something different next time around.

The tumbler itself is great though.

I use the 18lb vibratory tumbler and have no complaints. Mine has been running for hundreds of hours and does exactly what I want it to.

I am, however, using the HF media in it, and have just about reached the end if its effective life span I think. I'll likely try something different next time around.

The tumbler itself is great though.

Interesting. All the posts I have seen say the HF media is crap but maybe that is just HF bias. Kinda wish I would have gotten some now!

I guess it all depends on what you are tring to do with it. I must admit, I've never tried anything else to compare.

I can say that if you're looking for a more "traditional" stonewash, you're probably not gonna get it with the HF media. It does what I would call a "micro" stonewash.

Here's a decent example:
8553507107_82453e0222_z.jpg

Heck, it could be that regular driveway gravel would do a better job. I honestly couldn't tell you. ;)

cool...thanks for the tip. I've wanted to try stonewashing. I also reload and have been looking for a tumbler for brass...can't miss on a double duty item like this.

Harbor Freight items seem to be either excellent or junk. So a bit of a gamble but a worthwhile one for under $40.00

Back