Integral Small Wheel Platen

Diamond G Knives

20140907_011719.jpg20140907_011719.jpg20140907_011521.jpg20140907_011659.jpg
I have been thinking this through for sometime. Wanting a flat platen with changeable wheel size (radius) to grind integral type blades. Here is what I came up with. Seems to fit the bill nicely.

God Bless
Mike

That really works good for integrals - and I expect will have many other uses also. I enjoy making tools almost as much as making knives:)

Ken

Thanks Curtisk, and Kent I have the same feeling. There is a sense of pride in making and using your own equipment that I enjoy.

God Bless
Mike

Great idea!! Do you have it attached to the tool arm, small wheel holder or both? If you could post a pic of how you have it attached I would appreciate it as I would like to do something similar on my small wheel setup.

Great idea!! Do you have it attached to the tool arm, small wheel holder or both? If you could post a pic of how you have it attached I would appreciate it as I would like to do something similar on my small wheel setup.

The ramp is made from 2" c channel. I drilled thrust the body of the small wheel attachment and machined the hole slot longer for adjustment in the bottom of the c channel ramp.

Ill be gone all week. Will try to get pics next weekend.

God Bless
Mike

Back