Installing a belt clip?

D.Douglas

Well im not sure if i did this write but this baby will be solid. I have to get a chicago screw or some kind of rivet. It makes me angry that they dont supply that with the clip. If anybody has an easier or different way i am all ears.

Attachments

• hendrix knife 003.jpg
    hendrix knife 003.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 51
Rivet the clip onto your extra piece of leather before you sew it on . That way you will have the sheath leather to keep the clip from rubbing the blade when you insert it.

Mike Miller gave you the straight scoop about installing the rivet prior to sewing, but lately I have been using a little bit of 5 minute JB Weld inside and outside the hole on the clip instead of the rivet. Nothing shows either inside or outside the sheath and it will stay 'til hell freezes over.

From what I see in your photo your option now is to install the rivet and then either fully line the sheath or put a thin leather patch over the rivet on the inside of the sheath using really good contact cement, or the obvious.....start over. Good Luck!

Paul

Ok Guys, From what i am gathering from you and thinking about is i should have cut a slot in the top for the clip to go inside the sheath and then another slot lower for it to pop back out on the outside of the sheath. Rivet it with a peice of leather on the inside and then sew this peice so the blade does not rub on the exposed clip. I just layed this clip on the outside of the sheath. Ive countersunk the hole on the inside so the rivet will be resessed. Am i thinking write here? The more i think about it setting here cut two slots at the bottom so that bend part of the clip sticks out and the hole and bottom part of the clip goes back to the inside out of site. Thanks for helping me out guys.

NO, that is NOT what either of us said. You should have done exactly what you did do except you should have installed the rivet in that "clip cover" and THEN sewed it onto the sheath. It would have looked exactly as it does in the photo, but with a rivet in the empty hole and NOTHING would have been on the inside of the sheath.

Paul

Paul, I GOTCHA. I tend to overthink things. i just could not visulize it and then i read your post and the lightbulb came on. Thanks so much.

Back