Inside the waistband holster...

bladegrinder

My wife bought me a Sig P365X for Christmas so I made this IWB holster for it.
I just got set up with a vacuum pump and bag system for forming holsters and sheaths and this is my first IWB holster, I was impressed using the vacuum system on it. it worked really good. I don't know how much I'll use it forming leather sheaths for knives but I'm looking forward to trying it.

hUfVIhB.jpg

h9M2tpx.jpg

SSWinGK.jpg

I love my 365. Send the lholster to me, it doesn’t seeem to fit yours properly
This is my first Sig and I was actually looking at a P210 carry but got sticker shock. then I looked at the 365, it felt pretty small in my hand. then I checked out the 365X and said yea....this is the one! that flat trigger made a difference for me too. I've never felt a striker fired trigger in any other gun that was so good.:D

Beautiful job on that, Steve! That looks downright factory.
Thanks John, I imagine at some point I'll start making other styles but I have to have the gun or a blue gun to make one.
knife sheaths was the main reason I got a machine but now I'm set up with a vacuum bagger system so who knows where I'll go with this.
time is the limiting factor and none of us have enough.

Seriously, that is one beautiful holster. Like most people, I have a drawer full of kydex IWB holsters. While some models are more comfortable than others, no kydex holster will ever feel as nice and comfy as leather. I have a really nice leather IWB holster and it feels like a silk pillow compared to any of my kydex models. The one vote in favor of kydex being the "snap in" fit and adjustable retention without a retention strap.

Nicely done! How's the trigger on that 365X ?
Well Sean, I have several striker fired handguns and always preferred a hammer fired gun. just never liked them much. this sig is kind of a differant animal though, first the flat trigger makes a big difference to me. at 90 degrees it fires and there is no long pull, it comes back easy to a light wall then just a touch more and it fires. it's definitely not like the other striker fired ones I own.:D

Seriously, that is one beautiful holster. Like most people, I have a drawer full of kydex IWB holsters. While some models are more comfortable than others, no kydex holster will ever feel as nice and comfy as leather. I have a really nice leather IWB holster and it feels like a silk pillow compared to any of my kydex models. The one vote in favor of kydex being the "snap in" fit and adjustable retention without a retention strap.
Thanks John, I have one factory kydex holster for a Ruger SR40, it took a lot of monkeying around to get that gun to release easily and I rarely use it. that might be next in line for some new leather and give me some more practice.:D

Well Sean, I have several striker fired handguns and always preferred a hammer fired gun. just never liked them much. this sig is kind of a differant animal though, first the flat trigger makes a big difference to me. at 90 degrees it fires and there is no long pull, it comes back easy to a light wall then just a touch more and it fires. it's definitely not like the other striker fired ones I own.:D
Thanks for the information Steve. I've always wanted a Sig.

That is a nice holster but if I were to get another pistol it would be a 1911 pattern. Maybe in 9mm.

Doug
I love my 1911s, I have four, but I wanted something a little smaller and lighter for everyday carrying.
my next holster will probably be a pancake holster for a Ruger SR40, that's what I carry around my property.

Back