Inexpensive Workbench

paps

Well, relatively inexpensive anyway. I recently purchased a mill/drill and horizontal grinder for my shop and needed a stout workbench to mount them on, so I built this. Took about 4 days (I'm slow) using pocket screw joinery. It's 5' long and 2.5' wide. The frame is made from 2 X 4 lumber. Total cost was right at $200, but could be considerably less if you skip the drawers. Anyway, the cost was much cheaper than buying a stand for the mill/drill from Grizzly. Just thought I'd share...thanks for lookin! -Phil

Attachments

• Workbench3.jpg
    Workbench3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Workbench2.jpg
    Workbench2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 42
That looks like a great bench. I have to agree that it's almost a shame to put something that nice in the shop.

Thanks for the comments. I think the paint makes it look nicer than it really is...I do know that the fresh paint makes the rest of the shop look awefully dirty.

very nice...my workbench is an untreated slab of 1/2" plywood attached to 4 x4 posts with some cross members for bracing and support. Solid but ugly.

Good job.

Very nice work. I did that kind of work for a number of years and still love it. Problem is no one wants to pay for that kind of quality anymore! You done yourself proud on that one.

Thanks again guys. I know what you mean about nobody wanting to pay for this sort of stuff. I've made quite a bit of furniture and cabinets over the years, but never for somebody else...I'm too slow to make any money at it. My wife keeps me supplied in projects :what!:

Back