Indiana Passes Knife Rights Switchblade Ban Repeal!

Critter

After two years of effort by Knife Rights and our sponsors, the Indiana legislature has repealed the state's irrational ban on switchblade knives. Senator Jim Tomes and Senator Johnny Nugent have worked tirelessly with Knife Rights to pass this repeal.

Initially passed unanimously by the Indiana Senate, passage of the bill has been thwarted two years in a row by a single House committee chairman who refused to hear the bill. Senators Tomes and Nugent were able to bypass the obstinate chairman by adding the repeal language to a Conference Committee Report on HB1563 dealing with related matters. This Report was passed by the Indiana House 78-19 on Wednesday and the Indiana Senate 50-0 today.

HB1563 with the included Switchblade Ban Repeal language now goes to Governor Mike Pence. Please contact Governor Pence and ask him to sign HB1563.

His phone is: 317-232-4567
To email him, you must use the online form at: http://www.in.gov/gov/2333.htm

When you call and email, keep it polite, short and to the point. Simply ask Governor Pence to please sign HB1563. That's it!

I used the online message form to send him an email:

Dear Governor Pence,
I would like to request that you sign HB1563. I believe it addresses and fixes several common sense issues concerning current DNR regulations, as well as the current provision that makes illegal the possession and manufacturing of knives that open automatically.

Your consideration is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Andrew Riley

Anyone feel free to swap my name out and send something similar!

Dear Mr. Riley,

Thank you for your letter to Governor Pence. He appreciates the time you took to express your views.

House Bill 1563, natural resource matters was passed by the Indiana General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Pence and will take effect on July 1, 2013. The 2013 Bill Watch on the governor's website has been established. All legislation that has been sent to the governor's office for consideration can be viewed at http://www.in.gov/gov/billwatch.htm.

Please be assured that Governor Pence monitors all legislation closely as it proceeds through the legislative process and will thoroughly review all bills that are brought to him for his signature.

Thank you for contacting Governor Pence and for being an engaged citizen.

Sincerely,

Kristen Kane
Constituent Services Representative
Office of the Governor

Yeaaah Boyyyeeeee!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back