I'm looking for a left handed (ambidextrous) folder knife kit?

mxlj

I'm looking for a left handed (ambidextrous) folder knife kit. every kit i have seen is right hand carry/open. Also i am really looking for a lockback, rather than liner lock. A fast, easy opening "tactical" type for my work. Many times I have only one hand available or have gloves on, etc. I was last carrying a benchmade pika and lost that at work somewhere. If the order isn't already impossible good steel 440c, 154cm, D2, etc. much preferred. I do make fixed blades but have never made a folder. I think a kit knife might help me venture down that road someday. Any ideas/info would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like there isn't one made or no one knows of one. How creative are you? You could make mirror image scales so right and left looks the same mirror image. It will be ambidextrous but have the liner lock on the opposite side. Or a good lock back with a thumb stud and back it out and put it in from the other side? Make the scales mirror image with a thumb stud AND lock back. Necessity is the mother of invention. As well as an unmet, needed market. There is money there.

Back