If your interested

I goter done at least for now. I may add a few turks head knots eventually but for right now I'm feeling pretty burnt out. The haft measures 21" and it has stag mouth piece and also a piece of stag for the cleanout plug at the top of the haft. The head measures 10 1/2" form the tip to the end of the bowl. The blade is 6" and is 2 3/8" wide at its widest part.

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG

IMG_3372.JPG

Ray, I've watched your WIP and enjoyed every minute of it - thank you for showing it. That pipe is a real beauty. What tribe or area would have used a hawk shaped like that?

Ray, I've watched your WIP and enjoyed every minute of it - thank you for showing it. That pipe is a real beauty. What tribe or area would have used a hawk shaped like that?

Denny, This tomahawk was used by the Golden Pond Tribe from somewhere Over the Hill. I never really try and create anything traditional. Most of my work's are what I call could have been's. :D

Well your could-have-beens would have made any warrior proud, Ray. Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise I'll own one of those could-have-beens one day.

I saw your WIP earlier and was fascinated by it. So much so that I have read through it several times. Thank you for posting that. What a good looking hawk!

Back