If You Are Completely Bored

Randy Lucius

A local sporting goods store is having an anniversary sale next week and has asked local makers to set up tables. Knife makers, call makers, or anyone who makes things for outdoor sports. Table setup is free and he's not charging commissions on sales. Totally free. This will be my first time setting up a table. I made a slide show of some of my work to play on a loop from my lap top. It was kinda short notice so I'll only have about ten knives. I have a crimshawed knife I made my son for display and I plan on taking some raw materials as display items too. Taking my AMK-75 knife sharpener and will be offering free sharpening as well. Kinda nervous about it since it's my first "show."

Slide show.

Sharpener
AMK75_800X600.jpg

You will be more than fine. A word of advise, go ahead and plan out your answer to the following: "Are you going to go on Forged in Fire" and "Do you teach people how to make knives." It will make your day easier.

Yes sir! I'm really excited about it. Have a lot of work to do the next few days.
i used to do shows when I was making wooden pens. Lots and lots of them (shows, I mean). Remember, every one that stops by your table is a possible customer, so treat them as such. Also, smile at every prospect. If someone approaches your table with someone else (like a wife or husband or kid or whatever, include that person in the discussion. In other words, acknowledge that person also.
good luck. I'm certain that you'll be a screaming success.
PS... Take lots and lots of business cards and make certain that EVERYONE gets one...even those "other" people.!

i used to do shows when I was making wooden pens. Lots and lots of them (shows, I mean). Remember, every one that stops by your table is a possible customer, so treat them as such. Also, smile at every prospect. If someone approaches your table with someone else (like a wife or husband or kid or whatever, include that person in the discussion. In other words, acknowledge that person also.
good luck. I'm certain that you'll be a screaming success.
PS... Take lots and lots of business cards and make certain that EVERYONE gets one...even those "other" people.!
Thanks for the tips Bruce! It should be lots of fun. He says he usually has several customers at his anniversary sales. Looking forward to meeting other local makers too.

You will do fine ,make eye contact with everyone that walks past and be engaging,talk to everyone even if th hey dont appear to be stopping at your table simple high hows it going are you enjoying the show and treat eve6 like your ling lost brother,you would be surprised how many guys just sit there and watch the crowd stream by without saying a word.

Back