Icicles on Bicycles

jkf96a

I live in Texas, where it was 77 degrees on Wednesday and a high of 29 yesterday. Woke up this morning to this:
photo-2-3.jpg

I've got a nasty sinus infection, courtesy of my oldest son, but I'm on the third day so am starting to perk up a bit. Given the cold/wet/icy weather (drivers go nuts around here when there's even the tiniest bit of ice), I'm staying home.
Here's the "to do" pile. I set out this morning to finish the two B/T's with glued up handles, and maybe to get another blade or two ground and polished.
photo-1-3.jpg

I ended up finishing the B/T's and one more knife from the pile. Here's a pic of the B/T's. One's 1084, juniper, and spalted pecan, the other is D2, mesquite, and cow bone. Everything's stabilized, dovetailed, and tapered, of course :)

photo-1-4-e1385239358278.jpg

Looks great Jason, I only got the cold last couple day and aroud 5 it started snowing for couple hours.

It's just like here where I live but most every one was ready for it. Now the low gets to about 17 Farenheit during the day and of course a little colder at night. No icicles yet, but if it thaws for a bit we will see some two.
The knives look very well done!!! Frank

Cold, yes here in South Florida we are freezing. Down to 72, time to break out the coats. We can't take much of this. Way to cold to be outside.

Really nice knives too!

Back