Icce

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
Yall make your plans and come to the greatest knife show in history!
September,18th 19th & 20th,Kansas City.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 17
Yall make your plans and come to the greatest knife show in history!
September,18th 19th & 20th,Kansas City.

That's the weekend before the Northwest Knife Collectors show in Kelso, Washington. The second best knife show in all the land! Hope the ICCE Show is good for you.....

I've had the room and the flight booked for a while now! Got 3 "Split personality" folders on the bench, and a couple damascus drop points to get finished up! :) I'll look you up Calvin!

I'm definitely hoping to spend the weekend shaking a lot of hands that have helped me the last couple years. This will be my first time attending a big show and the list of people I look up to and respect is slightly longer than the show bill, with a few named standouts at the top of course!

Chris

I'm planning on driving up on Friday and going to the show on Saturday. It would be cool if we could all meet each other in person somehow, not sure if you could have a pre-arranged meeting place/time, everybody has different schedules. But it would be fun to see you guys in the flesh.

I'll be there Thursday afternoon for judging for KMG voting membership. Travis Payne and I are staying at some hotel he found, as the show hotel was all booked up. Be good to see some of you all again, and meet some more of you.

I have definitely been looking forward to this since it was announced. I will probably be there Friday and Saturday. Will be good to meet everyone.

I'll be there Thursday afternoon for judging for KMG voting membership. Travis Payne and I are staying at some hotel he found, as the show hotel was all booked up. Be good to see some of you all again, and meet some more of you.

Uh-oh, you let Travis and Jack pick the hotel? Might have to share the space with some livestock. Really looking forward to this show; so many great makers at one show! It will be incredible!

Bob

Kaye and I will be there for sure. Ya'all need to come to my Cut N Shoot seminar on Friday morning at 9

I have a question about that, do you have to be a member of the guild or abs to attend this. Is there a show schedule?
Not that I know of. You should just show up and walk in. It's possible it is only open to table holders but I doubt that, I would think if you pay your door fee you can attend all the seminars. Weren't you going to help me with my computer challenges if needed? Maybe hand out papers and keep an eye on the pistol so it don't get away? :)

Not that I know of. You should just show up and walk in. It's possible it is only open to table holders but I doubt that, I would think if you pay your door fee you can attend all the seminars. Weren't you going to help me with my computer challenges if needed? Maybe hand out papers and keep an eye on the pistol so it don't get away? :)
That is the plan Bruce, I'm still happy to help in any way. I will check into it more and if any one with more info knows please chime in.

Let me know what you find out Justin, I didn't know about this either. Now I'm wondering what other seminars are going on? I may need to add a night to my motel.

The ICCE show doesn't open until noon on Friday. Bruce,do you know what room your class will be held in? I know all about The Knifemakers Guild schedule since I'm a director and have been intimately involved in producing this show but I don't know much about what the ABS is doing or their schedule.
Soon our Guild newsletter concerning this show will be on our website with all the details about the parts of the show we are handeling. I don't know how the ABS is disseminating their information.

Thanks Calvin,
Here is what I came up with looking at the ABS website and the ICCE flyer.

a91a3ac1fd97c1d07cde6b9acd1c0a4e.jpg

de54c80f9cb8b2b0ff2c688b7d1e4b1b.jpg

The one pic is kinda fuzzy did a screen shot of it. Looks like Bruce you are on at 9am.
If you look at the icce flyer and read the print in the black box below were it says kc Marriott downtown looks like it is open to the public.

Justin, yes thanks for the info posts.
Looks like you don't need a ticket to attend as the seminars are not inside the show but outside in conference rooms. Please come, I have talked with Steve Culver and he has some information too.

Calvin, Do you know if the Guild is doing any seminars? Two shows in one is going to be interesting. :)

I guess I've got a gripe about this show and others like it. Why are they held in the "downtown" area? Just looking at the hotel from Google Earth, where in the heck are you supposed to park your car? Parking garage height limit is only 6 feet, really? I'm 6'6" tall, so I can't even walk in the parking garage without bending over! Have any of you been to this location? What are my options for parking, I drive a 4x4 truck that's over 6' tall.

Justin, yes thanks for the info posts.
Looks like you don't need a ticket to attend as the seminars are not inside the show but outside in conference rooms. Please come, I have talked with Steve Culver and he has some information too.

Calvin, Do you know if the Guild is doing any seminars? Two shows in one is going to be interesting. :)

Bruce,
We are not putting on any seminars. We will be having our annual business meeting Friday morning while the ABS is having seminars. I wish I could come to yours but I will be busy.

Back