I was born dead.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I WAS BORN DEAD

This morning during my bible study I realized I was born dead. Born dead spiritually that is. When I was born I was alienated from God,separated and in rebellion against God and dead in trespasses and sin. I inherited that nature from my father Adam, the first man that God created, the father of the human race. We are all born dead spiritually that's why, as Jesus said, we must be born again, born spiritually. When we, by hearing the word of God, come to believe in Jesus Christ, in his death,burial and resurrection, when we realize that, by the sacrifice of his life's blood we are redeemed, justified and sanctified and that God imputed our sin to Christ and Christ's righteousness to us then we are born again, born spiritually and can never be separated from Him. And when our time on earth is through and our spirit and soul is separated from our dead bodies we, spirit and soul will go to be with God forever, eternally, in heaven.
This is why I'm so happy that I have been born again and why I want all of you to come to Christ and believe, so you can have the love, peace, joy, patience, temperance, kindness, and gentleness that come as a benefit of being a child of God, brother, sister to Christ and joint heirs in the Kingdom of God.

By the grace of God,
Calvin Robinson

I think you should believe whatever brings you happiness and joy,... That's what my God wants.

Let happiness be your guide. :)

Here's what makes me happy. Benjamin Estevan Goo, born of the Spirit, a whole person and fully alive. :)

qzHMUkcCBH3BZpKvWmOKy-RWZvbNfq7zuGGMA67buzo-XCsHNAA5x_5jGp5aJhkTEHLbIg1HttrlAZKy-oYN8JXBeRlEs44tvfewpLxjR-0dHRf4Rlw3WPk5dVaFVRZwN8EqF67XMOwNKNI_c5Ih-54soqggijfACqrizDp2baLcWYfujb4_siSKzftnK-fFJQJ5lMdjtna-mGTsgruBbhsSyZBtr5Wv9laLInfjbvxEt-QXLxVD07F1ph9-h3DC4iaRj9ymanrwWhZZdzEPrlTGUF15kd6su9givfcy_GdLPKXYEJBMQP824odh4eKN9-UCsLU8mTg6Gl8nJL_WnQWGN9SpQxLazEAI8poWRLtbI55roh8Y_3fNU7Y5Op0extoAhtM8dmEk2KlAznKzfPgRMOQBgDLc9W8MWYy3arB3v8GdqJZr_aNP6ajrOqxK_zbaEeKS1bP5TQDAwVumEg6Sv5cT3JG5p23ZT2qARnGgFM2GV3QfC_3Or8ndLipxkPYHUbn2O-Q83En3ENERCV6bkjIRGPn0M2euNGmuVXmOx14qF7wmCPTMBj3lF-cmkF1t1fp0sn2huy6fSXmaXMFR9-hP1WQ=w480-h360-no

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Paul

Although the fruit of the Holy Spirit are often thought of as being only for Christians, I think it's obvious that they are for all people, even atheists, and I recognize that all peoples and all cultures exhibit these traits.

The Fruit of the Holy Spirit *proves* that all are born of the Holy Spirit and are Children of God. :)

*...Maladaptive thinking is learned or acquired, not inherited...*

To me, *to be born again* simply means *to return to the state I was in when I was a child*,... as first born, helpless on my own, pure, without preconceived ideas, wanting nothing other than to love and be loved. This is how I came into this world and the way I want to go out... If it wasn't for love, I really would be dead.

Last edited:
If Yeshua ben Yosef's (Jesus) cultural identity was Jewish, he wouldn't have believed in the doctrines of original sin or hell, or preached them. The way I understand it is, Jews believe that all people are born part earthly and part divine. When we die, the body goes back into the earth and the soul/spirit reunites with God. From a Jewish perspective, it's the same for everyone.

The word hell in the new testament is an intentional mistranslation, most commonly of the word Sheol, which means the grave. The word and concept of hell were borrowed from paganism, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Wow... where to begin?

Don't even bother Bill. I don't know how long you've been around this subforum but this is no new thing for Tai. He clearly doesn't believe in the Deity of Jesus and ignores much of His teachings and many of the fundamental doctrines of Christianity. Tai's interpretation of Christianity has very little to do with the person of Jesus Christ and has everything to do with romanticism and mysticism.

It's been quiet in here too long for Tai and he has to come around and fish for a theological and/or philosophical debate. Don't take the bait. I pray for all the new Christians or those wondering and seeking for knowledge that might stumble across Tai's statements, and take them for truth.

Fortunately for new and seasoned Christians alike, we have this:

[h=1]Ephesians 6:11-17King James Version (KJV)[/h] [SUP]11 [/SUP]Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

John, I'm not judging anyone here, just stating my beliefs. I know you don't consider me a Christian, but that's really between me and God. I don't feel the need to explain myself further on this thread and have said all I have to say.

Please continue this discussion without me.

The bigger question is whether to begin at all (again)...but:
Goo, as a Christian, or follower of Christ, or whatever term you would assign, I (and other Christians) believe the Bible. We don't apologize for that, and we understand that other people don't believe the Bible. They are on a path, seeking what they might call "their own truth". And, everyone has a right to seek where they choose. You have freedom to believe the Bible, or not believe. But, as Christians, we don't believe that someone will find the true God outside of the parameters of the Bible. And, we don't believe that there are different truths for different people. We believe the truths of God apply to everyone, just like the laws of physics. And, like the laws of physics, we can't just pick the ones that we like or feel comfortable with. Everyone who continues in God's Word will eventually read something there that he or she disagrees with, or that we don't like. When that happens, we can't just say "If you say that I'm wrong, I don't want to be right" (from the lyrics of the song 'Am I Wrong').
It seems that most of the times you enter a thread on this Christian forum, you are challenging the basic Christian principles and truths that you encounter here (is that thinking outside of the box as in the song?). That begs the question, -are you struggling and really seeking truth, or is this just a convenient place to find Christians to bash and harass? If the second is the case, then you would just be an antagonistic troll. Either way, I'm glad you are here- it's just that I wish I knew you better- your story, your life, to better know how to respond to you. I'm hoping and praying though that you may be on a true search for truth. When I or someone here responds to you, most are doing so in hopes of helping you find truth. The belief that you may actually be looking for answers is what makes it hard for Christians to ignore your comments.
You know, I found the lyrics of "Am I Wrong" repeatedly going back to the writer trusting in his feelings. Most Christians eventually learn that feelings are not always a trustworthy guide. There are times when God's Word goes against our feelings. Would you agree that feelings can sometimes be very misleading?
And, as for thinking 'outside of the box' (also from the lyrics), I often see Christians as the ones truly 'outside of the box' in this world. There are more Christians martyred for their faith today than ones from any other faith. Believing the Bible is quickly becoming less and less popular in today's world. As Cal does, a true Christian will love you either way, and pray for you. I know so little about you,and yet I know you have faced struggles- probably some of which are the same as I have. But, I have likely been through struggles that you cannot understand, not having gone through them. And, I'm sure that likewise there are many hard things you have faced that I don't understand. But, the God of the Bible (the whole Bible) understands all of our struggles, and His heart breaks to see us go through them. Job cried out to God, and wondered why He didn't sense God's presence (for a time). I have done the same, as does the girl in Nico & Vinz's song 'Praying to a God'. To me, that girl represents countless real people in the world with broken hearts. And God does in fact hear her plea, and His heart breaks for her (them). She was thrust into a world she didn't create or ask for. She ends up taking wrong paths out of ignorance or desperation. But, we don't hear the end of her fictitious but representative story. Her struggles (as our struggles) can end up being precisely what is needed to eventually bring us to truth (which I believe will only be found at the feet of Jesus Christ).
You may have noticed that I didn't try to 'rebuke' you with individual Bible verses. That is not because my beliefs are not founded on scripture, but because you have posted above so many (what I see as) untruths that I wouldn't know where to begin. And, in the past, it seems that as soon as you are faced with scripture you disagree with, and Christians with truths you don't want to accept, you immediately turn left or right to another issue. Maybe some time we could have a discussion limited to just one principle of Christianity, and focus only on that one principle until a conclusion is evident.
Anyway, thanks for sharing the songs of Nico & Vinz here. I intend to check out some more of their work (but will remember that they too are just imperfect humans seeking a path and in need of a savior). I have to also wonder what their personal struggles have been and will be. I sense in them empathy for some whom they write about. Empathy seldom grows in a garden void of weeds and struggles.
God Bless.
Take Care, and walk on, Goo.

Back