I ordered this for a buddy of mine, Ed Fowler Pronghorn

Lerch

I found this on Ebay the other day, i am a Ed Fowler fan myself but a friend of mine who first coached me in knife making is a massive Ed Fowler fan. When i first got interested in making knives this buddy coached me a lot and gave me some Fowler books that sparked my interest. Anyway my friend told me he had gotten close to buying a Fowler knife several times and just never pulled the trigger and finally just gave up looking for one. I happened to be checking out Ebay the other day and found this guy for sale. After some checking to make sure it was real the buddy asked me if i would bid on it for him since he was out checking trail cameras and wouldnt be back in time to bid himself. Anyway we won the knife and he is on his way to pick it up now, i am very impressed with the knife, it fits my hand amazingly well !!

Here is some pics of it, let me know what yall think. Being a Fowler fan i am biased but either way it is pretty neat to mess with.

photo1-1.jpg

photo-9.jpg

Thanks
steve

Hope that is not the one that was stolen off of Ed's table a couple of years ago at Blade.

Good looking knife.

Robert

Hope not, if i remember reading right wasnt the one that was stolen a pretty good sized knife ? this is a pronghorn yearling, only about 7" OAL

My buddy made it by Ed Fowlers shop today to show him his Fowler knife. He said Ed Fowler was a hell of a nice guy and he had a great time talking with him. Hope I get to make it up there someday and meet him myself.

Lerch: Your friends were great guests, carried in my dog food for me, fixed the stinger on my welder and were a pleasure to visit with.

I was planing on showing them all kinds of stuff, but they were in a hurry after some animal called Mule Deer.

They showed me the knife you made. You made a great knife, we discussed it thoroughly. I only wish my first years knives looked anywhere as nice as that one, you ideas of design are grounded in reality, and if you stick with it you will do well.

I did not ask enough questions about how you made it, but you will get an ear full when you see them next. I also sent some stuff you will enjoy, I hope! I seriously look forward to talking knives with you in the future.

As a result of planning and getting ready for their visit I am well set to get back into making knives big time.

Thanks for sending them my way!

Thank ya sir !!

Im glad they got to talk to ya, I know Brent (the short guy with your knife) was especially excited about, he has followed your stuff for a long time. He introduced me to knife making a year and a half ago and showed me how to slack belt grind, he also let me borrow both copies of your book Knife Talk that i aint gave back yet and dont plan to any time real quick haha !

Im glad ya like that knife i made him, that means a lot to me and i cant wait to hear from them all that ya had to say. and a HUGE thanks for the stuff ya sent along with them, I cant wait to enjoy it !!

Thank ya again and i look forward to meeting ya some day, now im gonna go order those DVD's of yours and get to learnin more !

thanks
steve

Back