I need help

Doug Humbarger

I am starting to make a sheath for this WIP. I can already easily see that upswept point in going to cut into the sheath along the top along the spine. Do I put a very thin SS U shaped channel inside along the spine or are there better ways to solve the problem? The sheath will be one piece wraparound extending about 1/2 way up the handle.
campknife1.jpg

Hi Doug,
Looking at the knife, very nice by the way! I wouldn't worry to awful much about the up swept point on that one digging in. I've done sheaths with a much more drastic point and they are doing fine. A little more care needs to be had with the point when inserting the knife in the sheath, even with another welt in there its going to try to catch.

I wouldn't suggest a steel runner as it will mar the point of your knife, or at least I figure it would. imho.

That knife as pictured should cause you zero problems, Will not need a spine welt, which could cause all kinds of fit and retention potential problems on a pouch style sheath. Your paper pattern you make before you start work will point up any problem areas, if any.

Paul

ok enuf about the sheath tell us about the pic whats up you into magic, whats holding up that awsome knife? is it on a piece off glass ?

Back