I call this my

Oooooo I'm lazy only 220 then heat treat in my 1 brick forge, in the toaster oven for temper.

It's just REALLY HARD to sand post HT. So if someone wants to go for a mirror polish (which I do not recommend) I would say go up to 600 pre HT. Here I'm honestly just saying what other people here have told me... it you can bet that they're right.

I stop at 360 pre heat treat and after it starts at 220, then 360 before finishing at 600. Working blades, not showpieces come from my bench
Exactly... the blade that I mirror polished I don't even use because I'm scared to scratch it. 600 looks awesome and is usable.

That division between a tool and art is tricky. I prefer tools....yet some of the very high finished folders are wonderful EDCs. But on hunters,skinners,boners, and the like give me a "working" finish....

My first I went to 500. I liked that finish but may try 600 on my current project? This is what I lobe about doing this all up to me!!

Nice looking blade! Really like that style! The one I really want to try when I get some more experience is a Bowie. Always liked them but never got one.

Nice looking blade! Really like that style! The one I really want to try when I get some more experience is a Bowie. Always liked them but never got one.
Thanks!I have had a few positive comments on the blade.... Buuuut, I'm having trouble with the handle... I don't like it. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Back