i aint dead

tuskbuster

but i could a been.7 weeks ago i pulled over on side of the road a few miless from my house to make sure i had my wallet for goin into town,found it behind the console stuck it in my pocket just in time to look up and OH $&^^ .teenage girl doin who knows what plowed into my drivers side rear . i was standin in my door bout to get back in. knocked my truck on thru the barditch and thru me .i wound up on the other side of the 2 lane blacktop .shattered femur,fractured right shoulder,torn left rotator,3 busted ribs fractured right wrist. 8 in laceration on right severly sprained ankle and knee along with other road rash.
6 days in 2 hospitals and im bout goin nuts. caint even wipe me own arse. man i cant wait to get back to work and in the shop.cause i am way behind on both. but it looks like i may have a good lomg wait.
from what the drs say.
anyway few days after i get home get a letter ffrom wildlife dept tellin me i was drawn for the bull elk hunt in the wichita mts refuge.36 yrs applyin and i get drawn now of all yrs .
lightnin struck my house 3 nights after gettin home also. thinkall my bad luck is past me ?

Talk about bad luck!!! year the bull elk and you're laid up..... Would the permit folks take the why into consideration and allow you a permit for next year?

i hear ya mike the lord could a took me for sure,hopefully he has better plans for me.
nopeken ,its a once in a lifetime draw and no do overs as ive already talked to em. got a few more weeks till i can start puttin weight on the leg so my rehab gonna be short and i gotta learn to shoot lefty handed

Dang tusk..your lucky to be alive. as a fellow hunter I know you must be devastated about the elk hunt after waiting all these years. hope to hear you heal up ok.

Please don't make a knife yet man I would hate to see something else happen. Happy you made it through all that mend up and come back with a vengeance.

Back