Hunter and a skinner

J.Leclair

Just delivered this hunter and skinner to their new owner. 3.5" blade 7" oal 154cm with some really cool double dyed (red/black) stabilized box elder burl

The Drop point hunter is 154cm 8.5" OAL 4" blade and a 4.5 " handle. Two piece handle, micarta bolsters with Redwood burl behind.
Used my new scotch bright belts on this one for a very nice looking finish. I'm glad I invested in them.

Thanks for looking
StaySharp

I really like the skinners lines and the way the dye didn't take to the few spots that created a natural color pattern. The two color bolsters play off each other well. I am still liking how your plunges are angled that sets your knuves apart from others for sure.
My good scraps are saying I need to make some two piece scales. Any suggestions for the rookie on this endeavor?

Thanks for the comments guys.
Walt, I was having issues getting the two halves to mate up without gaps. Then I figured out that once I get one half sanded flat I could use some double sided tape and stick some sand paper to the flat front edge and sand the piece against each other. This way even if one isn't perfect the two will end up the same.
Hope this helps

StaySharp

Last edited:
Thanks Jason, it does help I just need to get the deal on the new house closed so I can get organized better. Lol

Back