hp pavilian dv 9000

franklin

hp when i go to start the light blinks 3 times and disk sounds like it is starting and then every thing goes of it never even turns on.
looked it up and people say put mother board in oven at 385 for 3 - 5 min and it will re flow solder has anyone done this?
Even read to take battery out wrap in plastic put in freezer for 1-2 hours take out plug in without battery and start it? any suggestions?

Have you called their support line? I had this issue a while ago with mine and taking the battery and power cord out for 15 minutes then plugging it back in fixed it as per their advice. If not, heck, staples has some nice lap tops on sale this week. I picked up a new 17.3" 650GB 4GB RAM 2+ghz for under 400.

Re-flowing the solder is an old trick that only worked on single layer boards...and even then it didn't work very well. Today's motherboards have many layers. The only thing it will do to a motherboard today is finalize the burial.

Taking the battery out for 15 minutes or so may work but I doubt it.

I'm with Lawrence on this one. I do PC service locally when I have the time and have had several DOA HP's, both laptops and desktops, that had hard drives go out this last year. All newer machines, too. The drive for a laptop machine typically is about 70 dollars and takes less than an hour to swap out and reinstall your OS (if you have the recovery disks, hopefully) so don't let your local computer tech tell you the job costs more than $125 or so.

thanks guys, i have no disks was recently given to me, was going to let the daughter have when i got it he said it was running ok but had not been used in a year So i am not out anything. Just wandering though if i should put anything into it at all.

thanks guys, i have no disks was recently given to me, was going to let the daughter have when i got it he said it was running ok but had not been used in a year So i am not out anything. Just wandering though if i should put anything into it at all.

Some of the HP laptops had some issues. They replaced mine with a compac due to the Graphics Board. There was a Judgement/Settlement about a year ago. Your laptop may not be involved and I think it's too late to get a replacement.

IMO, I wouldn't soak any money into it. Laptops are cheap nowadays and even if you could fix it, it's prolly ancient by laptop standards of today.

Back