How to Quote previous statements

Chris623

Most forums I'm on have an option to quote a previous statement. I see posts with quotes here, but I can't find that option. What am I missing?

Most forums I'm on have an option to quote a previous statement. I see posts with quotes here, but I can't find that option. What am I missing?

If you wish to quote the total post, look to the right where you'll see the two words "Like" and "Reply". Click the reply and it will quote the total post. If you wish to quote just a part of the post like this:
I see posts with quotes here, but I can't find that option.

To quote just a portion of any post, using your mouse select the portion you wish to quote, there should be the option of "reply" appear just below the selection. Click that and the selection will appear in the reply place as above.

To quote just a portion of any post, using your mouse select the portion you wish to quote, there should be the option of "reply" appear just below the selection. Click that and the selection will appear in the reply place as above.

This part I didn’t know. Nice and it’s on an iPad.

Well I'll be! I didn't know that. Thanks!

I'm a former corporate computer IT guy and I didn't know about the second part either. Thanks for the tip on that!

Back