How Many Of You

Frstr8

Designated Dog Photo Chopper
I am wondering how many of you wear belts. I almost NEVER wear a belt. Seriously, maybe 5 times a year.

The reason I ask and the reason I put this in the sheath forum is because I carry a fixed blade every day. I have a Bill Coye special edition Ridgecrest Ridgeback huh1 and a Martin Olexey FOS that I carry. These both have kydex sheaths and I have them set up for cross draw IWB. I see alot of fixed blades that I think are kewl, but they have leather sheaths.

So, I am wondering how many of you actually wear a belt.

I wear a belt every day of the week. My occupation, being involved with dairy farmers, am on the farms 5 days a week wearing blue jeans. But my nice side , I do have a Larry Parsons custom belt that I wear.

I wear Levis every day. I work in the water industry and have for 21 years. 13 years on a drill rig. I don't need a belt.

Lost my a$$ to age i guess, belts quit working, was constantly pulling up my pants and if I tightened the belt it pinched a nerve. sooooo....:mad:

Suspenders and carharts.:D

Due to the fact that I do make belts and I like to cover my butt from inclement weather, a belt does keep my trousers in a position that causes little embarrassment! Sandy

Wear one every day. It keeps my britches up, my gun on, and my multi tool where I want it.

SDS

I ware a belt every day. That's where my Gurber Multi Tool and Mag Light go. I carry a fixed blade that I made but the sheath goes in my front pocket. I make a pocket clip from Sterling Silver Spoon or Fork handles. I get very ornate handles so I want the clip to show. Because the handle of the knife is a carved horse head, the combination of the pocket clip and the horse head gets a lot of attention. I sell knives just because of the method of carry.

Attachments

• Horse Head Knife lstd close.jpg
    Horse Head Knife lstd close.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Horse Head Knife lstd clip.jpg
    Horse Head Knife lstd clip.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 23
I'll never forget how the Marine Corps taught you how handy a belt can come in in a pinch, as a tourniquet, etc .....always wear one

I've got too much junk hanging on my belt not to wear one,,,9mm w holster on the right side, "Scalper" w sheath on the left side, and an extra ammo magazine in leather case in the back.

This is about what I figured. I have noticed that most guys wear belts and I never have. Belts increase the amount of things you can carry and carry options. I can see the benefit for sure. I carry tons of stuff around in a Monsoon. So I have the 4 "back-up" knives, the Leatherman, flash light, paracord, pens, ect. ect. But it's not at hand like it would be if I had a belt. Hmmm, thanks to everyone who chimed in. 2thumbs

The way I was taught growing up was....... if there are belt loops, there better be a belt. Of course, it's hard to pack around a loaded 1911 and spare mags without a belt.

Back