History Channel - Knife or Death

I liked this week. It was nice actually seeing a few get to the end of the 1st course. Travis' comments on the "knife expert" with the thick bowie had me cryin'. I was definitely rooting for butcher knife guy, though I really don't get why he didn't choose a heavier knife.

Will your short sword project be done and tested in time if they call you? Might get more interest from the producers with that new one since there's already been a few competition style blades on now. Do you need to show them your "show" blade upfront in the initial contact? I'm tempted, but I don't have any large blades made.

I was kind of surprised to see a knife turned away from the competition. While it does give a little more legitimacy to Travis' role, I'm not sure how "thinking" a blade will probably come apart is different than watching the guy last episode break numerous fragments off of his sword during his run. I also noticed that he swung the blade pretty hard towards its owner on his second tatami cut. What if the blade had flown loose then? :eek:

He did make a good point about "tourist" blades though, and it was probably just as well that the knife wasn't sent forward.

Will your short sword project be done and tested in time if they call you? Might get more interest from the producers with that new one since there's already been a few competition style blades on now. Do you need to show them your "show" blade upfront in the initial contact? I'm tempted, but I don't have any large blades made.

I dont know if it will be done or not I hope so, Im off work tomorrow so I plan to get alot done on it. I would love to finish it up and apply with it I dont think a Wakizashi has been on yet. Although my cpm3v chopper I think would perform pretty well.

Last nights episode was in my opinion the best so far. Big Chris and Dwayne dominated both courses. I think the show is just stsrting to hit its stride. Goldberg is growing on me to, his reaction to Chris run was great.

Last nights episode was in my opinion the best so far. Big Chris and Dwayne dominated both courses. I think the show is just stsrting to hit its stride. Goldberg is growing on me to, his reaction to Chris run was great.
Agreed! And kudos to the lady finishing, that was cool. I was doubtful at first, but her sword held up too. I love the show.

Big Chris just "walked" thru the first set of ropes - didn't even slow down as he went thru. Dwayne and the other guy that were so close both did good job. One thing, the spot where they chop 40 lb of meat and 40 lb of ice, wouldn't it make more sense to chop the meat first, then the ice?

On the series - haven't all the episodes been filmed for this season now? As a result, the contestants are on more of a level playing field since one set can't watch and learn from other teams competition. That's the way it should be anyway.
Ken H>

Big Chris just "walked" thru the first set of ropes - didn't even slow down as he went thru. Dwayne and the other guy that were so close both did good job. One thing, the spot where they chop 40 lb of meat and 40 lb of ice, wouldn't it make more sense to chop the meat first, then the ice?

On the series - haven't all the episodes been filmed for this season now? As a result, the contestants are on more of a level playing field since one set can't watch and learn from other teams competition. That's the way it should be anyway.
Ken H>

If I understand some comments made by "Big Chris" on another forum, everything was basically filmed at the same time. Hence why Travis never changes his shirt. ;)
It seems that the course and a rule or two were very slightly modified as they went along, but everybody was essentially on the same playing field.

Wonder if they had a big BBQ when it was all over?

Ken H>
His blade definitely outperformed the others as far as cutting performance and edge retention, though I'm sure his technique played a role as well. Looks like the final results simply boiled down to time penalties incurred.

Back