History Channel - Knife or Death

Justin Presson

Did anyone watch it on Tuesday? I dvr it and watched it last night. It has some corny parts but it is another knife show and I enjoyed it. Not as polished as it could be I think they need to loose the terrible goggles and safety vest.
I have to admit I applyed to be on the show. I got a phone interview with the casting agency, made a video and sent it to them, then they wanted me to do a skype interview so I did that and thought I had a chance but never got the call.
Thats why I made that cpm3v chopper it was going to be my knife to use in the show....I think it would have performed well.

I watched it. What cracked me up was that hulk of a man Goldburgh saying how the chicken stopped this contestant. Need to make the first set of obstacles a little easier to get some of the competitors to finish and build some drama!! LOL!!

I watched it. What cracked me up was that hulk of a man Goldburgh saying how the chicken stopped this contestant. Need to make the first set of obstacles a little easier to get some of the competitors to finish and build some drama!! LOL!!
Yes I agree. Not sure Goldberg is the best host for it. Back in my wrastling watching days I was more of a Stone Cold Steve Austin fan..lol
I was routing for Jo Carothers but she was gassed by the end. Her husband makes some awesome knives. I was surprised the guy that was on forged in fires knife broke.

I was wondering when someone was going to broach this subject! I've been reading the FB groups and it seems split down the middle, love or hate. I fall into the "loved it" category, fun show. I think it's good for all of us, it shows that all knives are not created equal. I think the reason you didn't make the cut Justin is that your are a too normal. They were looking for "characters" to kick the show off, but if it makes it for a season 2 you should try again. I think they'll drift toward more serious competitors if the show goes on. Or else you have to develop a crazy backstory!

I was wondering when someone was going to broach this subject! I've been reading the FB groups and it seems split down the middle, love or hate. I fall into the "loved it" category, fun show. I think it's good for all of us, it shows that all knives are not created equal. I think the reason you didn't make the cut Justin is that your are a too normal. They were looking for "characters" to kick the show off, but if it makes it for a season 2 you should try again. I think they'll drift toward more serious competitors if the show goes on. Or else you have to develop a crazy backstory!

I would agree 100% on why I didnt get picked. They want characters and thats not who I am.
If it goes another season I will apply again for the heck of it. You should to Anthony!

I have mixed thoughts. I would like more information on the blade maker etc. I didn't think the bowie knife was going to last very long. The show also favors taller contestants. That leaves me out ;)

From the looks of the contestants, it seems that being fit would help. They all seemed to be out of breath after the first obstacle course.
Do you guys think it was fair to do the slicing after beating the edge on the previous buckets and boxes? I wouldn't think there would be that many blades that would perform after that.

From the looks of the contestants, it seems that being fit would help. They all seemed to be out of breath after the first obstacle course.
Do you guys think it was fair to do the slicing after beating the edge on the previous buckets and boxes? I wouldn't think there would be that many blades that would perform after that.

I had started training after skype interview, running and weights so I would be in shape. I would have thought others would have to because they said it was going to be American Ninja Warrior meets Bladesports.

That bowie knife didnt have a chance!

They want characters and thats not who I am.

It seems EVERY reality TV show wants blowhards and peacocks...and lots 'n' lots o' SPARKS(well...on fab shows at least)....makes for good TV when folks want to be entertained but not necessarily educated. Understandable...

TV for fun...
YouTube for knowledge...(though you gotta be careful here too...lol)

I recently watched this, and for the most part, I'd say I enjoyed it. I think the courses were very creative and very well designed for what they were.
I like seeing Travis Wuertz on the show, but I think he's being incredibly under utilized. I'd personally like to see him next to the two commentators, giving a little more insight to the knives used, etc... and hear less gabbing about "LOOK HOW HE DROPS HIS KNEES!" and "HE DIDN'T FOLLOW THROUGH!" and "MARTIAL ARTS!"

As it stands now, I really don't understand his function on the show, or what the point of the preliminary test is.
Granted, it is only the first episode, so I can only hope they develop thing a little better.

I'm definitely planning to continue watching, though I seriously doubt this show will be able to keep up with the actual Forged in Fire.

At any rate, as far as "Reality TV" goes, it's still better than Jersey Shore.... ;)

We watched it and I thought it was pretty entertaining and well done for the first run. I can see that I am not fit enough to swing a knife that hard. I was a bit disappointed in the samauri sword not doing well if fact it bent and had to be bent back. I noticed the knife that did the best were along the lines of the competition cutter style knives and a brut that can swing it.
A nice short sword about 18” blade with some slight recurve and distal taper would do best in my opinion.

I like seeing how the knives/blades/swords/choppers/whoknows perform across different challenges. I think this is going to help the BladeSports competition cutting interest and participation. The chicken they used was pretty tough. It must not be a Tyson chicken.

I like seeing how the knives/blades/swords/choppers/whoknows perform across different challenges. I think this is going to help the BladeSports competition cutting interest and participation. The chicken they used was pretty tough. It must not be a Tyson chicken.

Looks like the fish was the biggest hang up. Even on the final course, they each took a couple of swings or more.
Must not have been defrosted fully.... ;)

In all seriousness, I think the biggest hangup a the fish was people simply not taking their time. The katana should have smoked it for sure, as should both knives that made it to the final.

Ok so I watched it last night. The more knife shows out there the better in my opinion. I would think that knives are selling more because of shows like this. However, this one needs some work in my opinion. It has potential, and I did enjoy it. However, there’s way too much filler. I also agree that some of the commentating was a bit cheesy. I actually think that a regular sports-like atmosphere would be better. The testing of the blades by Travis is more filler in my opinion. He should be a commentator as has been said.

Did anyone watch this week?
Some of the knives made me cringe.
The ropes at the begging seemed harder to cit then the dowel rods from last week.

I just watched it. Man, I was rootin for the runner up! Made his own blade, only been forging for a year, self professed not in awesome shape.... Hey, I can relate!

Back