High carbon custom cutter!

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Hey all, Just wanted to show off a Custom Kitchen Cutter!

This one is a 1095 high carbon steel blade with stabilized sycamore lace wood handles and stainless fasteners and lanyard tube. Flat ground distal taper.

Doug048.jpg
Doug053.jpg
Dougretake018.jpg
Dougretake023.jpg

Thanks for looking!
God Bless
Randy

Looks real nice , I like the way you finished the blade, with the satin finish at an angle looks neat..... Bubba

Hey Randy thats a nice looking cutter. I would be glad to try it out on some of those morels i found.Maybe a little overkill. LOL I like how you brought up that plunge line and angled it.
Doug

I like how the scratch pattern on the satin finish is angled to match the plunge line! Nice-looking blade!

Thanks Guys, I gave this one to my Mom for Mom's day! I did a mustard finish on the blade.. and she is VERY happy and proud! It made her day, Buy really made my year to be able to give it to her! :)

God Bless

After a month or so of use and abuse! the blade looks even better then when I gave it to Mom.

Thats one thing I like about High Carbon kitchen blades. They take on a patina and sort of a personality. May sound sorta crazy. but I know some of you understand what Im trying to say! :)

Its got a 5 star rating and two thumbs up for Mom.. she said she dont know how she got along sooo long, without it....

God Bless
Randy

what? no pictures of the mustard finish or new patina? For shame!:p

seriously though I like the simple design and the handle looks very shapely. Have you done a chefs knife in more of a Japanese "gyuto" profile?

Thank you Mr. Potato42 Ill try and get a photo on the cell phone of the blade and post it up! :)

I have done a few in a Japanese style.. Have not done a wa handle yet.. but hope to soon.

Very nice! How is the patina looking these days?

Chris D. :biggrin:

CAD, I just got some pics today of the patina, Its beautiful! The blues and hues of red are spectacular looking.. Wish the camera picked up the color better.. But its the best I could get.. :)

Mom came by and cooked some lunch and even brought home made pineapple upside down cake!
God Bless Mom's!! ;)

Thanks for looking.
Randy

patinaonHHHChefknife023.jpg
patinaonHHHChefknife020.jpg
patinaonHHHChefknife002.jpg

No problem on the pics. Mom loves the knife and uses it often. When she was here, I touched up the edge on it for her. :)

Back