Hi from Santa Barbara CA

Punkavenger

DSC03176.jpgDSC03176.jpg HOWDY from Santa Barbara CA.
I'm a long time knife aficionado and currently have a small collection of 20 or so nice knives, mostly Spyderco and Benchmade, nothing super rare or exotic but still it makes me happy :) . I would like to be able to make my own knives someday ... wish me luck! Anyway, what do you guys think about this knife I have pictured? I was dog sitting for some friends and a relative of theirs passed away that was a real sportsman, hunting fishing the works and they had some of his knives and guns laying out. I picked up this knife and I could tell it was a high quality handmade knife right away. But it looks unfinished or perhaps just was sharpened with a sander or file or something? I told them I would trade them a day of dog sitting for this knife and they accepted. Does this knife look familiar to anyone, any thoughts or comments? I would be interested in the knife maker etc. It also came with a really nice professional sheath so I don't think its a high school metal shop project or anything like that, but I could be wrong.

Welcome to KD. Santa Barbara is a beautiful place. I've been there many times.

Is there any markings on the other side of the blade?

No markings of any kind but its well balanced and sharp as heck, a bit on the heavy side. would this be primarily used for preparing game?

Back