Hi from New Mexico

Tom Lewis

I have sold knives for over thirty years. I have been in the Knifemakers Guild and also had Journeymans status in the ABS. I am no longer in either of those organizations. They are fine organizations, but I got tired of the 1100 mile trip to Atlanta, and the trip to Florida for the Guild show. Also, where I live few even know either of those organizations exist.
I have belonged to another Forum for quite a few years, but it has changed. A lot of the knowledgable knifemakers have dropped out, and some of the new ones are very opinionated and even rude.
I have visited this forum a lot, and find it is a friendly site. I am looking forward to being a part of it.

Hey Tom, welcome to the gang, you sound like a chap that we could learn from. I look forward to seeing some of your projects.

Dino

Tom,
Welcome to the pack here at KDs! One thing that is great among many on this site is no ill thoughts or words are allowed. You can have your kids or grand children on your knee without a concern.

Post some of your knives when you get a chance.

Welcome Tom, where in New Mexico? I was raised in Lovington (down in the southeast corner).

Wayne, I live in Carlsbad. Lovington is not that far away. Tennessee is a nice state. My son used to live there, between Memphis and Nashville. I always enjoyed going there.
Tennessee is also in the heart of knifemaking country.

Thanks to all for the friendly greeting. Here is one of my latest. It is W-2 steel, clay tempered in Parks 50. The handle is stabilized maple burl.

Attachments

• 013 (640x480).jpg
    013 (640x480).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 10
Back