Hi Everyone

J.Higgins

I'm Jeff Higgins. I used to be a knifemaker. A lot of you know me already.

I left knifemaking a few years ago, and took a real job. It was probably the biggest mistake of my life. Everything went downhill from there.

I was making some good cash, and had some benefits. That part was good. The trouble was this big empty gnawing feeling inside because I wasn't making knives anymore. The feeling hasn't left, and quite frankly, has gotten worse.

So then I had a wicked motorcycle accident. I was comatose (more comatose than from drinking IG's tequila with the friggin' hot relish mixed in it). I broke 13 bones. I couldn't walk. I was out of work.

Our insurance decided they needed to tag us for 1/2 of the $30k helicopter medivac I needed that evening. It was either sell my equipment or sell my guns. I live in a free state. Which one do you think I chose?

So here I am with a lot of talent, and no equipment. Moreover, I'm not sure I want to reinvest the money into it to the extent I did before. I'm no spring chicken anymore. Perhaps I will get back into it slowly. Maybe I will get a Grizzly knifegrinder and send my blades out for HT until I can sell a few and buy a new oven.

Here's a few that you guys may remember:
Copyof38367911_MTtjg-L.jpg

JohnTMs1.jpg

74197644_tapper-1.gif

dagger.jpg

Passmore.jpg

56735944_BTs_001.jpg

Good to be back! 2thumbs

Jeff,

Welcome to Knife Dogs, I hope you find a way to get back into knife making?
Sounds like you need it, glad to have you here.

All the best to you.

Todd

Bro, get your Butt down here ( I don't care if you have to make 3 trips) and we will lite the fire. In you and one of my forges.cool 1
I haven't had any tequila since the spring HI.:confused: But, I can pick some up for your visit. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Last edited:
You definitely ought to scratch that itch. Maybe start out with cheaper tools, and work your way back up?

Welcome Jeff!!
You sure do nice work! Be nice if you got back into it2thumbs

Smeone's gonna say it, it may as well be me! A no weld grinder will be much better than the grizz. BossDog has the plans to make one!:bud:

Long-time, no-see some of you guys! This forum is going to be cool I think.

Speaking of st...thinking...

I have been thinking that I could make a few tribal-style blades to get myself some funds for new equipment. I have a friend that once said he had a Peter Wright anvil I could borrow. My shoulder would take a huge beating, but it would only be for a while.

Any advice, anyone?

Long-time, no-see some of you guys! This forum is going to be cool I think.

Speaking of st...thinking...

I have been thinking that I could make a few tribal-style blades to get myself some funds for new equipment. I have a friend that once said he had a Peter Wright anvil I could borrow. My shoulder would take a huge beating, but it would only be for a while.

Any advice, anyone?

We could build you a forge and RR Track anvil for cheap $$$$.2thumbs

Some really nice work, Jeff. Welcome to the Knife Dogs! Glad you're here.

Higgy!
good to see you out and about...
look for a PM..
I can help you get back into this I think.

Back