Hey Guys :) I 'm a rank beginner at best...still asking a ton of noob questions.

GMB

I recently found out the hard way that when heating PVC for sheaths, I ought to have a respirator.
Can somebody please refer me to the right brand, model, etc for this purpose?
Like Sgt Shultz, " I know nothing" I have already had so many questions answered....wow....I think I found the right place :)
Any advice you choose to give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Giday and weIcome to the KD forums GMB. Respirators are a personaI choice based on a few areas. Do you have faciaI hair as that makes a difference as far as seaIing out the dust particuIates goes.

When I started I used one of these from Harbor Freight.

I recently switched over to this

Not sure how either one would work with fumes. I assume that’s what you are concerned with. Lowe’s and Home Depot carry respirators. Might be worth checking. Welcome to Knife Dogs. Ask all the questions you like. The guys here love to help.

Giday and weIcome to the KD forums GMB. Respirators are a personaI choice based on a few areas. Do you have faciaI hair as that makes a difference as far as seaIing out the dust particuIates goes.
Yes, I have a close-cropped beard...I hadn't thought of that. It's fumes more than dust in this case....I think I can get a good enough seal

When I started I used one of these from Harbor Freight.
View attachment 69626

I recently switched over to this

View attachment 69627

Not sure how either one would work with fumes. I assume that’s what you are concerned with. Lowe’s and Home Depot carry respirators. Might be worth checking. Welcome to Knife Dogs. Ask all the questions you like. The guys here love to help.
Thank, Lucius, that's what I'm talking about ;) Fumes is my main concern. I'll check Home Depot

Like Sgt Shultz, " I know nothing"
Bwaaahahaha you just gave your age away there. I wonder how many will not get the joke? As for respirators I am the wrong one to give advice, when working with vapors I use a gas mask. There are better options for sure.

Hey, Chris :) Gas mask? I might as well do it right....... Could you name me a brand name or two, and your preference? Thanks, man ;)

The gas mask is tough to see out of I just had one so I used it. If I were looking for a respirator to use with vapors I would go to the 3M website and see what they reccommend for vapors. It may cost more but you can get into trouble quickly with inhaled vapors and I do not know enough to speak intelligently on the subject. Good luck.

Most makers are concerned with particles. You are asking about vapors so your filter cartridges should have a rating for vapors and they will clearly state that in the description. Some filter cartridges work for both particles and vapors.

Welcome GMB!

Was feelin' a little deja vu.....here's some info from last week...lol.

Back