Here's one with a stingray inlay...

Robert Gardner

This one has a clay hardened blade in Aldo's 1084. It has black canvas micarta handle scales with white liners, and bronze pins. Blade length is 5 3/4"

Attachments

• StingrayknifeU78-1.jpg
    StingrayknifeU78-1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 68
  • StingrayknifeU78closeupoffilework.jpg
    StingrayknifeU78closeupoffilework.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 115
  • StingrayknifeU78insheath.jpg
    StingrayknifeU78insheath.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 115
WoW! Stingray is a bear to work with, I've made a sheath...well started one but I used a the cut out piece for the window to push the Stingray back flush with the facing leather, it would look awesome if I could cut a straight line, I've had the front of it done for a while, just never finished it, too many errors!!! Do you have a sewing machine? If so what kind? My big weak hands make hand sewing a chore like no other! But I may have found me a leather guy that will make all of my sheaths pretty reasonably....I still have hte desire to learn it myself...just not the time. I'd rather make knives!
Great WORK! nICE KNIFE THERE TOO!! Rex

Very nice knife and sheath- I like the bronze pins in handle and file work - and that sheath is over the top- great work.

Thanks Guys.
McClellan, I have a Cobra machine made by the Leather Machine Company. I used to hand stitch years ago, but I make way too many sheaths to do that anymore. This machine works good.

Back