help m case some worm hole wood with OUT ALUMILITE

graveyard

im a hobby only knife make i would like to possible case some slated woos but i have n space for the equipment to us ALUMILITE can anyone help me id like to us clear casing epoxy is the possible and maybe some pine cones

imhank,s in advance graveyard cache_3269193.jpeg

id like to use some maple i have it has some worm holes i would like to fill with some color but i dont have a way ore place to use ALUMILITE is like to know if basic epoxy will fill these and maybe case some pines cones

I suspect English isn't his first language - if not, I do admire you learning English. I "think" what you're trying to say is you have some maple that has worm holes, and you'd like to use a pine cone as a base. Then fill with ALUMOLITE to do some casting to fill the holes in the maple, and to fill a pine cone to get a look similar to the block of wood you show in first post.

Am I close to what you're trying to say? Why don't you fill out your profile showing what country you're in so we can see your first language - and if needed, perhaps just write in your first language. We can always use a translator to read your original language.

Ken H>

What I read was that graveyard does not have the space, etc to use Alumalite and vacuum chambers and such and is wondering if he could do it with basic casting epoxy and add colors.

I still think if you have large voids and are using any type of resin or epoxy it will still trap some air if you don't pull a vacuum on it.

hope this helps.

OK Ted - now I see more in his last post "basic epoxy will fill these and maybe case some pines cones" - and the answer is no, the standard basic epoxy won't do very good for filling those voids. A special resin/epoxy is used to be sure there are no air bubbles, etc and the voids are all filled. A vacuum system is usually required for this process to work properly.

Back