Hello from Texas/St. Kitts

jrmysell

Hello y'all. I am from Amarillo, Texas, but am currently living on St. Kitts in the Caribbean going to veterinary school. I have 4 more months here (have been here for 28 months), then back to the states for my last year of "schooling." It is our clinical year or 4th year and I will have 3 week rotations working in the clinic for small animal rotations and working in the barn/farm calls for large animals. We have certain required rotations like sm. animal medicine, sm. animal surgery, lg. animal med, lg. animal surgery, diagnostic imaging, anesthesia, etc... I will most likely be doing my clinical year at Oklahoma State and then plan on going back to Texas to work. I started making knives in 2010, but have only made 26 of them. I mostly make them as birthday/Christmas presents and make them during school breaks.

I've been at it for about four years and have also give or traded my knives away. a lot of them went to family for kids finishing school or getting married. The girls have ask for knives since all of them are deer hunters. They also like the small keck knives I make. They carry them in their bra. Said they felt a little safer.

Back