Hello from Round Rock, TX

lescobar

Hello, Everyone --

I started my knife making hobby with a home made forge, a 3x21 belt grinder, a few files, and a lot of sandpaper. I am a stock removal maker now, but did keep my anvil tucked away -- dreaming about building a new forge.

Knife making is a hobby for me, and I enjoy the artistry and practicality of a knife. Turning bits of metal and wood into something that will outlast me is very satisfying (when everything goes right!). I also enjoy making my own leather sheaths.

Looking forward to learning much more and sharing some of my not-so-successful moments.

-- Lee Escobar
Round Rock, TX

Welcome Lee, glad you found us. this can be a very addicting hoby. I hear there is a 12 step program for it, but as of to date I don't think anyone has signed up yet.

Thanks, Jim.

It's not an addiction. I can quit anytime....right after I finish....this...one...last...bit...

:lol:

Welcome Lee! I grew up down the road in Hutto and wife is from RR. I think you'll enjoy this forum...I certainly have. Give me a shout if you're ever in the Bryan/College Station area. I always enjoy meeting fellow knife makers.
Phil Tham

Welcome Lee! I grew up down the road in Hutto and wife is from RR. I think you'll enjoy this forum...I certainly have. Give me a shout if you're ever in the Bryan/College Station area. I always enjoy meeting fellow knife makers.
Phil Tham

What he said, except I'm from RR too, and went to school and whatnot in Leander.

Back