Hello from Montana

Montucky

Let me introduce myself. My name is Rick and I was born and raised in rural Ky. and now live in Montana. I have been making knives for about a year and a half now as a hobby and only have time to make one or two a month. My day job interferes with my knife making efforts. :biggrin:

Here are a few pics of my knives to let you guys know where I am on the learning curve. I always welcome and appreciate comments ( good or bad ).

BOX ELDER
PICT0009-6.jpg
IRONWOOD
PICT0003-22.jpg
PICT0005-20.jpg

My most recent efforts..
Barn gray Buckeye
PICT0049_zps6b9d5796.jpgPICT0057_zps062dfb1e.jpg
Spalted Hackberry
PICT0062_zpse400edf5.jpgPICT0058_zpsb9e4ceca.jpg

Thanks Laurence...I appreciate the kind words and the welcome. I hope to be around for a long time and hopefully will continue to learn and improve my knife making skills.

Thanks,
Rick

Hey Rick, for a part time maker you seem to have some skills there! Welcome to The dog pound.
I'm from Indiana, but I'm married to a Kentucky girl from the southeastern mountains. Love them southern girls...and she cooks...hmmmm.
Your gonna love it here.

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome guys. I agree with you Eric on those southern girls. I'm originally from the south central part of the state. My folks still live near Somerset.

Rick

Good looking knives .I am like you I hate that my job interferes
In doing what I enjoy doing with the knives .

WOW! Gorgeous knives. You won't learn anything from me except how to mess things up. :scared:
Seriously, your ability is FAR beyond mine. I'm just starting to do file work, sheath embroidery and some other stuff.
Maybe some day I can make knives like you and these other guys.

Back