Hello from Florida

OneBodega

Hey everyone, been a knife collector since 1977, due to health reasons I had to sell all my knives but one Todd Begg Bodega, I managed to keep plus a titanium Lenslight flashlight. So I won't have many pics to post but I was a high end collector for many years and just love talking about the good old days. Knives have went through a lot of changes over the years but they seem to be at the peak of there quality with all the CNC mills being used now, and using a computer to design them you know they work before you make them now the first knife is as good as the last. Well time to check things out and see what's going on here. Thanks

Welcome from South Florida. I still make them the old fashion way. No CNC in my shop, and no two are exactly the same. LOL

Welcome,I'm from Florida too,good to see you here.
Thanks

Welcome from South Florida. I still make them the old fashion way. No CNC in my shop, and no two are exactly the same. LOL
Thanks CNC's are nice but just using the basic tools is what I grew up collecting.

Welcome,I'm on the west coast.no CNCs here either,one of a kind-one at a time.
Thanks, I ran only manual lathes and mills when I was a machinist to me its more personal than running a program and producing a knife.

Don't think I don't like CNC produced knives because that's what I carry but what matters most to me is how it's designed and performs not what machines were used to make it.
I'm from north Florida only been here two years was living in Michigan my hole life till family needed me here so I sold my house and moved down here. I'm still not use to it yet but its much nicer than Michigan but it seems to cost more to live down here. Being disabled from a work injury and going from a house to a apartment it's quite a change I'm really bored, I miss the knife shows they had in Michigan and need to find some down here.

Thanks

Thanks CNC's are nice but just using the basic tools is what I grew up collecting.

Thanks, I ran only manual lathes and mills when I was a machinist to me its more personal than running a program and producing a knife.

Don't think I don't like CNC produced knives because that's what I carry but what matters most to me is how it's designed and performs not what machines were used to make it.
I'm from north Florida only been here two years was living in Michigan my hole life till family needed me here so I sold my house and moved down here. I'm still not use to it yet but its much nicer than Michigan but it seems to cost more to live down here. Being disabled from a work injury and going from a house to a apartment it's quite a change I'm really bored, I miss the knife shows they had in Michigan and need to find some down here.

Florida Knifemakers Assoc
Annual Show in October in Lakeland
Contact Dan Piergallini 813-988-1568, Terry Renner or terrylmusic@gmail.ccom

Gator Cutlery Club usually held in February
Lakeland Florida
Dan Piergallini 813-988-1568

Others are gun and knife shows where you may or may not find some goodies.

Florida Knifemakers Assoc
Annual Show in October in Lakeland
Contact Dan Piergallini 813-988-1568, Terry Renner or terrylmusic@gmail.ccom

Gator Cutlery Club usually held in February
Lakeland Florida
Dan Piergallini 813-988-1568

Others are gun and knife shows where you may or may not find some goodies.
Thanks Tom, that's about 3 or 4 hours away I guess I should have moved further south there don't seem to be much going on up here.

Back