hello folks

You betcha, My problem Hep "C'' is in remission . The new treatment is certainly a godsend . Fairly easy to handle the side effects . Millions of people are infected with it .

The symtomology may take up up 35- 40 years to manifest . With the Interferon and ribavirin (the older meds) most people cannot tolerate . I have been hoping and praying for a new drug since 1994.

So, yes you are right the prayers worked . Right now I cannot go outside because of the sun sensitivity , Also the Sovaldi lowers your immune system . As a result I cant be around anyone with a communicable disease.

I would advise anyone who has Hepatitus C to get this treatment . It very expensive around $ 180,000 for a 90 day treatment. That's about a 1000 bucks a pill.

The good part is, there is full financial grants available. I immediately received one . As some of you folks know , I am 100% disabled because of the PTSD as a result

of my military service in Vietnam . All of the news you hear about the Veterans administration is true , after all the money and news laws that were passed the are still

not giving fee basis cards to Vets who are 100% . The cards are for vets who live more than 40 miles from a treatment Facility ( VA) . They would not give me an appointment

or fill my regular prescriptions ? I am priority 1 vet .!!!!!! . I will probably never go to the VA again ! They are still giving out bonuses to employees for saving the VA money , only

way to do that is turn down sick veterans disability claims . We all need to pray for the Vets that go to the VA for health care. I hate to rant about it but, I am bitter . I gave half of my life to this country and this is the thanks I get ??? Thank you Calvin for your prayers and concern . In sincere comradeship ..... James J Bieler U.S.N Retired

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Bubba. It's a rotten shame the way the VA is treating you but I'm glad to hear
that you've got a treatment that's working at last.

Bubba-San,
You sure did sound better when we last talked on the phone now that you are getting the new Hep C meds. I have an appointment for possible treatment with the new stuff in Nov.

It is a shame you men & woman that served our country are getting popped on like this. I want a commander & chief that served in the military!

So as soon as you have the strength its time to get the forge fired up and some belts for the grinder. You were gonna make a 6" Tanto for me. Remember?:lol:

Its already forged and ground , need HT and clayed . Made from folded steel similar to Damascus but is not cross folded. Looks more like traditional blade that way.. Bubba

not giving fee basis cards to Vets who are 100% . The cards are for vets who live more than 40 miles from a treatment Facility ( VA) . They would not give me an appointment

or fill my regular prescriptions ? I am priority 1 vet .!!!!!! . I will probably never go to the VA again ! They are still giving out bonuses to employees for saving the VA money , only

way to do that is turn down sick veterans disability claims . We all need to pray for the Vets that go to the VA for health care. I hate to rant about it but, I am bitter . I gave half of my life to this country and this is the thanks I get ??? Thank you Calvin for your prayers and concern . In sincere comradeship ..... James J Bieler U.S.N Retired

it is good to see you back here on the forum.
Thank you for your service to our country. Most folks don't realize that being in the military is service to our country, not a job. What is happening at the VA is a crime, your story is just one of many. If I wanted to use VA health care, I would be a Pri 6 or 7 because i have a job and no disability. Do you use your TriCare benefit at all?
looking forward to some new posts about Asian blades
Scott Livesey USN(Ret.)

it is good to see you back here on the forum.
Thank you for your service to our country. Most folks don't realize that being in the military is service to our country, not a job. What is happening at the VA is a crime, your story is just one of many. If I wanted to use VA health care, I would be a Pri 6 or 7 because i have a job and no disability. Do you use your TriCare benefit at all?
looking forward to some new posts about Asian blades
Scott Livesey USN(Ret.)

Hello Scott, I try not to think about them but, sometimes the anger is overwhelming. Tri care has cut a lot of services . My wife uses it and she gets better treatment than I do ?

One of these days the VA will have to pay the piper !!! At least I still get my pension and my VA disability money . You are correct it is a crime to take bonuses for turning down disability claims . I hope I am alive to see it . Things at the VA will never change unless regular employees can be fired for negligence or whatever. Presently any VA employee who gets in trouble just gets transferred with a raise in Salary . The was agreed to during union meeting with The VA. I wish I had a job like that. I belong to a group out of New York
Veterans for Constitutional Law . WE have been bothering Congress( both houses) , for 35 years . Lobbying them to change parts of Title 38 USC. Mainly so vets could hire an attorney
during adjudication for their benefits. Before that time vets were prohibited from getting an attorney . All you have left is the service Organizations DAV American legion etc .

They are not attorneys!!!

Our group got section 211 expunged from the law ......now you get the same rights as anyone else. before it was an article 2, 3 panel judge now its full article 3 just like a real world...... Thanks for your service also . enjoy our freedom cause it ain't free Bubba

Last edited:
Back