Hello all. New to Knifedogs, from Austin TX

G3 cutlery

Hello,
I am a collector, knife maker and beginner blacksmith. I am living in South Austin Texas, working 9-5 to support my family and my passion, forging knives.
I have been "reinventing knives" for about 10 years, taking factory knives and adding handles and mods of my own. I have made many stock removal knives over the years.
Only now, have I had an area at my home to actually FORGE knives. I am having a ball.
I am following the Neo Tribal idea's to a point..only using power tools if they make sense, and save time. Usually, I find they don't make much sense for most things I thought they would....if that makes sense:52:

Anyways...hello all. I am looking forward to learning a bunch from the makers on here, and hopefully making some new friends.
I am on some of the other forums, such as BF and KF, JD and AR15.....most online folks know me as "gunknifenut" ...but my name is Gene, and I just simply love knives, looking, collecting and making.

Talk to you all soon.
Gene

Welcome to KD Gene- sounds like you have a hefty dose of "the bug"- you'll fit right in...hope to see those neo's soon.

Back