Heat Treat Kiln - How much space AROUND it in your shop?

teter09

Hey Guys, Last week my Evenheat KF 22.5 was delivered. I'm pretty excited for it but I'm trying to figure out where I need to store it. I'm sure everyone can understand that floor space is a premium and I do not have enough bench space to just leave it out (not to mention its deeper than most of my available bench space.

I was debating if I could place it on a set of steel shelves I have and rotate it out to face me when in use...but I've no idea how hot the surrounding air can get. I know heat rises, but with enough space it can dissipate to safe levels.

So where do you keep yours? Is there anything above it? Do you simply pull it out when you use it and store it away when not in use?

Pictures are welcome! I'm always game for shop pics!

Thanks!

I ordered the same, should be here next week. my issue is where its going on my bench, the back is close to the wall worried about heat transfer.

This is not a recommended setup, but..........

kiln-710.jpg

kiln-734.jpg

... and the correct answer is you should use the Evenheat clearance specs. The UL certificate depends on proper installation.

Rob!

i have a shelf where the furnaces rest when not in use. i have a small desk with a piece of 1" granite on the top where i put them for use. there should be something in the fine print about distance to flammables.

You can get a mechanics cart and put it on that. Get one with a shelf on the bottom and put all your accessories like foil , tongs and gloves etc,

The door of my Paragon says 12 inches all around. But when it is running at 1950 i can lay my hand anywhere on it.

Back