Having to hand up Grinding knives for a while.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Sometimes taking a break from physically demanding activities is necessary and I hope you can continue making knives in the future (even if it's not as fast as you're use to). Just keep in mind, that any knife you make with this handicap will be that much more rewarding. It reminds me of a guy that use to run marathons and during one of his runs, his legs went numb half way in. Sure, he had every right to quit, but he continued on running until he finished. He considers it one of his greatest runs, not because he came in last place, but because he over came the extra challenge and completed the run. Sure, anyone can run a marathon or make a knife, but very few have the guts and courage to do it with a handicap, and in that you will find it that much more rewarding. I pray that the break you need to get your health straightened out is a short one. Good Luck!

Well I appreciate the kind words
but the first man to ever run a marathon yelled Nike! when he reached the Greek city state he was running to and then dropped dead from a heart attack! I will still make more knives someday but will never run a marathon. LOL.

Wow , this is the first Im reading this .. Thats too bad for you friend . I hope whatever you lean towards will give you some comfort. I hope you'll still hang around the dog pound. Ive learned a lot from you !! Stay well and good luck laurence and Ill promise o keep more Design Modifications coming lol..

Laurence,

I wish you the best. In the short time I've been on this forum I have really enjoyed your input. I hope that not making knives for a while doesn't mean you will not be weighing in here regularly!

Thanks,
Ted

I too am sad you can't grind like you used to but please consider keeping your favorite grinder anyway. You will feel good again sometime in the future and want to do some simper knife projects. Health problems are no fun but You are a fighter.

Wow , this is the first Im reading this .. Thats too bad for you friend . I hope whatever you lean towards will give you some comfort. I hope you'll still hang around the dog pound. Ive learned a lot from you !! Stay well and good luck laurence and Ill promise o keep more Design Modifications coming lol..

Mikey my friend.
And I have learned from you as well as made a friend. knives & dogs are in my blood so I will be around, besides.
I have to hear about everyones D.M.s! LOL Well II was making a Bowie knife and then for some reason decided to turn it into a Bird & Trout! LOL

Cliff,
Do you know the difference between God and a doctor? God knows that he isn't a doctor. LOL Sometimes I tell you!! LOL

Laurence the real difference is God can heal, a doctor well he just practices at healing! Best of everything my friend!

Just saw this thread. I'm sorry that you have to give up most knife making but your health is
clearly more important. Looking forward to seeing what you do for your next set of projects.
Please stay around and keep talking to the rest of us.

Laurence,

I wish you the best. In the short time I've been on this forum I have really enjoyed your input. I hope that not making knives for a while doesn't mean you will not be weighing in here regularly!

Thanks,
Ted

Ted,
Thank you for the kind words and believe me, I have a opinion about most everything! Weather I am right or not may be another story! LOL.

I'm sure you will overcome this limitation in your life and move on to other things with the passion that is so much a part of you.

Just saw this thread. I'm sorry that you have to give up most knife making but your health is
clearly more important. Looking forward to seeing what you do for your next set of projects.
Please stay around and keep talking to the rest of us.

Thanks Dan,
The wheels inside my demented brain are spinning with new ideas! LOL.

I too am sad you can't grind like you used to but please consider keeping your favorite grinder anyway. You will feel good again sometime in the future and want to do some simper knife projects. Health problems are no fun but You are a fighter.

Bruce,
Thanks my friend. I will hold onto my 2 x72 Coote two wheel. I can set it up to work off the back of my truck for sharpening and most all crafts require some grinding.

I'am sure I will be sneaking in a few small knives in a few months or so too? Just need to give it a big break now because the last thing I want is to get sick of knife making because of my health issues.

T

Just saw this and wanted to add my "best wishes" sentiments. I expect you will be very successful in whatever direction you take and I'm glad to hear that you'll still hang around here! -Phil

Phil and anyone that has replied I may have missed,
I thank all of you for your concerns and good wishes from my KDs family..

Trust me, that I will be around. You can't get rid of me that easy!

Sorry to hear this Laurence, having to quit something you love is not easy, but you are a very talented individual and i am looking forward to seeing where this new path takes your creative juices :) Good luck buddy and keep us posted :)

Hi Laurence

I'm really sorry to hear about your health, I hope you get better and are able to continue knifemaking.

Rick

Back