Having surgery tomorrow

JeremyBartlett

Hey fellow knifedogs! For the past 5 months I have been dealing with severe nerve pain, numbness and weakness in my left arm, and large knots in my back. I haven't been as active on the forum as I usually am and would like to be. My knifemaking has taken a large hit as well, finding the motivation to work through the pain has been tough! So tomorrow I'm having 3 herniated discs removed from my neck and cadaver bone put in their place to fuse to my vertebrae. I'm pretty nervous and any thoughts and prayers would be more than welcomed. Hopefully everything goes as planned and I'll be back in the shop before I know it. I'll keep you all updated after the surgery

Hi Jeremy,
I have had a similar operation done to my back earlier in the year and have to go for a neck operation in the new year, so I know some of what you have to go through. The back operation took me ten weeks to recuperate sufficiently before I could go back to work. The neck op, I'm told is about four weeks before I can return to work.
Best of wishes on the operation. It is not a simple matter, but you will come through it in due time. I trust that all will go well and I will pray for your speedy recovery.

Hey fellow knifedogs! For the past 5 months I have been dealing with severe nerve pain, numbness and weakness in my left arm, and large knots in my back. I haven't been as active on the forum as I usually am and would like to be. My knifemaking has taken a large hit as well, finding the motivation to work through the pain has been tough! So tomorrow I'm having 3 herniated discs removed from my neck and cadaver bone put in their place to fuse to my vertebrae. I'm pretty nervous and any thoughts and prayers would be more than welcomed. Hopefully everything goes as planned and I'll be back in the shop before I know it. I'll keep you all updated after the surgery
Praying that all goes well.

Good luck Jeremy, I have two friends that had the same procedure and both were 100% success's.
Interestingly they go thru the front of your neck, I assume that's how your procedure is going?

Good luck Jeremy, I have two friends that had the same procedure and both were 100% success's.
Interestingly they go thru the front of your neck, I assume that's how your procedure is going?

Yeah, that's what they will be doing with me as well. I was told a medium sized incision on the front of my neck and they will push all of the important stuff out of the way...I've heard some horror stories of them going through the back, so I'm glad they are doing it this way!

Good luck ... prayers your way!

I had a lower back fusion back in 97. They fussed the lower three vertebrae! So I know something about what your up against! You have my thoughts and prayers for you and yours. Sometimes the family need a prayer for them! All these procedures have improved over the years. I will also pray for your surgeon and his assistants to have one of the best days they have ever had!!

Best of luck. I understand about the pain. I'll probably have to have something similar done eventually for both my neck and back.

Back