Hatcher Anthophila

Shawn Hatcher

I thought I'd share one I just finished today. This is a chef's knife commissioned by a good friend who will be giving it to his wife for Christmas. This one is based on my Plamann Santoku pattern but with the tip drawn out to a more pronounced point. Thank you for checking out my work! :biggrin:

-.115" AEB-L stainless steel heat/cryo treated by Peters to 60 RC

-10.5" OAL

-5.75" blade

-7.6 ounces

-Full flat ground

-Hand-rubbed finish

-Blacksite 690 carbon fiber scales with yellow G10 liners and carbon fiber pins

IMG_1225-XL.jpg

IMG_1254-X2.jpg

IMG_1257-X2.jpg

IMG_1258-X2.jpg

Amazing design, Great lines and your fit and finish are top notch!! Im sure they will love this knife!

Thanks, Laurence. I still have much to learn, so I very much appreciate your feedback.

It could really go Ether way. The San in Santoku comes from their #3 Roughly meaning three use knife. Slices dices & chops and they do have a a drop or rounded nose.

The height of the blade is where I would tend to say Nakari or Chinese chop. I have added a older picture of one of my Rhino Chop models which is a hybrid of a Nakari and Inuit Ulu.. This is my similar culinary & Camp hunter cook model that I am always refining after about 14 years and is still my biggest seller. I have since dropped the nose a bit and lessened the amount of the relief holes along the cutting edge. and they are trued up by having the blanks water jet cut.Stainless is a bear a to drill out! lol. I am at home this morning and this pic all I have on this Puter.

download-3.jpg

You have a excellent pattern to work with there and you could go far with it.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Last edited:
Back