Harpoon Point Camp Chopper

antigoth24

Yesterday I received a pleasant surprise in my email, a new photograph from Caleb Royer of a knife I finished about a month of so ago and I thought I would share it. This was a fun project for a client over seas where he gave me pretty much full artistic freedom which is a wonderful opportunity. The blade was forged using a go mai type of construction with 400 layer 1095/15n20 for the outside layers, pure nickel, and a core of W2. The handle is carbon fiber and black ash burl with mosaic/ stainless steel pins. Overall the knife ended up being just shy of fifteen inches long so definitely not on the small side, but it was a joy to make and any comments or criticisms are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

-Robert

that rocks!
never used carbon fiber, but it looks good in this application (never said that about anything but metal and bone as a bolster before).

Thanks for the comments guys. Kevin, it's a different material certainly. It's kind of like meteorite in that it's tough as nails and dead soft at the same time if that makes sense, but beautiful when finished. Just don't forget to cover exposed skin when sanding and shaping it. A lot of people will get irritated skin from the dust.

Back