Handle & Guards class...

TacticallySharp

KNIFE MAKER
Headed to an ABS Handle & Guards class in NC. Guards have not really been a problem for me it's bolsters that don't seem to come out right. I also want to learn about using some of the fossil and bone options for handles the ABS way as I plan on doing 2 of these type handles for part of my presentation knife set for the second part of the JS exam.

If anyone here has taken the class I would appreciate and advice as to what to expect and what to take with me.

Regards,

George

What is ABS? I have ABS on my BMW R1200RT but I don't think it's the same thing.

if the class is in the next week or so, bring shorts and tee shirts and heavy jeans and a coat. was 40 degrees this morning here in sanford, supposed to be 88 later in the week, with more cool weather after that. Remember that Bar-B-Que is slowed cooked pork with a vinegar based spicy sauce.
also bring an empty bag for cheap cigarettes from nc and cheap fireworks from sc.(LOL)
enjoy, let us know how it went.

Last edited:
American Bladesmith's Society

Scott,

The class is June 3. I always stop in my birth place to get fireworks on the way back. The family wouldn't let me back home without them. Most of the events in Clyde I have attended have been either late fall or Mid winter. I plan on staying a couple of extra days to get some sight seeing. Will be looking for fire brick while I'm there this trip.

Fred,

Great you guys will be there! Lunch for the first three days on me. Monday-Blue Rooster, Tuesday-Pioneers, Wednesday-Sagebrush. You can ride with me. And Fred we'll go to Culpepper's to pick up some nice handle material, that where you can get MOP for the EDC you want to make.

You can preview it here: http://www.knifehandles.com/pearl-types/white-mother-of-pearl/discount-white-mother-of-pearl

George Patton would like one I hear. LOL

Last edited:
Sounds deelicious!!
I agree about G. Patton loving them. His quote about MOP is unforgetable. I will pass on it. Maybe for you, though. LOL
Fred

Back