Handle Contouring

Kevin Zito

KNIFE MAKER
Can anyone offer any advice, tips, video resources, ... etc on properly contouring a handle? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have what neighbour terms as'knife makers block', as opposed to him , he is good with words and so' writers block'
I have lost count of the days I jumped up eager for the work ahead and when I get to the knife I get mind block!....You know what you want to do but you just cant do it....Have a look at good old Fiddle back forge videos, the give step by step instructions which were clear and easy to use.

Last edited:
Mr. Gruff did a WIP thingy a while back on one of his hidden tang handles. Maybe he can post a link to it or something. I took my procedure from him...Sorry Gruff.
This is the three short videos I did on handle shaping. Caveat is that you know the shape you are intending to the handle to be.
When I se the shed in these videos it comes home to me how much change there has been since then

This is the three short videos I did on handle shaping. Caveat is that you know the shape you are intending to the handle to be.
When I se the shed in these videos it comes home to me how much change there has been since then
Thank you, sir!!! I love your videos. I’ve learned a great deal from them. You’re a blessing to all of us.

Back