Hand files from Home Depot (Husky Brand)

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Thought I would pass this along....a couple of months ago, I was wondering around Home Depot, and noticed that all of the "Husky" brand files had a "Guaranteed Forever" on them. I asked the sales person if there were any "gotchas" on the warranty, and they said "No!"

Anyway, I spent $11 on a set of files, just to see how they held up. (considering I pay about $10 each in boxes of 12 for Nicholson files from Enco) Well, over the past couple of months they have held up about on par with Nicholson files, but cutting/cleaning up shoulders on forged hunters takes it toll.

This morning I walked into Home Depot with 3 files that the teeth were flat worn out on....and I walked out with threee new files...no questions asked! If its gona be like that, then its a no brainer to buy Husky brand files at Home Depot! Pay once, and new files forever!

I have to wonder if every Home Depot store would be as easy and hassle free as it was for me....but hey, it worked for me!! :)

Thanks for the FYI Ed. I'm gonna give this a shot; I need some new files anyway.

How's Orange Crush settling in?

When I first purchased the files, I opened them up (I got the multi-pack of several different files), taped the receipt to the inside of the package, then put the package into a storage cabinet. When I went in today, I took the receipt and the package with me (along with the worn out files), went to customer service, they called a guy from the tool area, and we went to the files together and I got replacements for the worn out ones. Surprised the heck outta me....by how easy it went. I honestly expected a bunch of guff, and a battle, but when I presented the reciept and package.....that was it.

Travis: Crush isn't here yet....lots of things have gotten in the way, most of all winter and the roads. Right now the plan is to head to Jim's on 6 March to get everything....probably be a couple weeks after before I get it all ready to use.....first thing is both the press and rolling mill are getting foot controls. I also think I'm going to have to figure out a way to make the press taller...I want the top die at about chin level to me, that way I'm not bending over double to see whats going on! :)

Ed, what's Jim up to these days? Did he get rid of his press? Or build you another one? Don't see much of Jim around the forums anymore.

I have done the same routine with Lowes' brand....KOBALT. pretty good files and you can not deny the savings with a lifetime warrenty but I do believe the Nicholson files are better overall and I like Pferd from Germany a lot too.

Back