Guild Hammer-In April 24, 2010

this sounds like fun ....

Every time I try to go to http://www.indiangeorgesknives.com I get a warning that the site is infected with malware. I assume the info I need is there.

So Where is the meet? How do i sign up? where do I pay dues?

ernie

It is here at my shop at 358 Elm St., New Bedford, MA. 02740. You can Paypal me the dues at indgeo@juno.com.;)
I am having a all new site being built.:D
Checkout Justin's site for pic's of some of the past HI's.:cool:

Last edited:
Clancy is the shop dog.

only a week left! I can't wait. What is the plan? when should we arrive? and what should we bring? Safety glasses, gloves, hammers, anvil and steel?

Are we going to drink beer and watch a demo or do we get to work on knives?

I need to learn how to make a sheath.

Do I sound excited?

I'll bring salsa and chips

Last edited:
Clancy is the shop dog.

only a week left! I can't wait. What is the plan? when should we arrive? and what should we bring? Safety glasses, gloves, hammers, anvil and steel?

Are we going to drink beer and watch a demo or do we get to work on knives?

I need to learn how to make a sheath.

Do I sound excited?

I'll bring salsa and chips

Safety is first at the HI. Bring safety equipment, glasses, and etc. Your favorite hammer too.;)A release form must be signed. Bring your favorite beer, we also have Buds on hand. On the starting time, people will be coming in on Friday and we usually start between 8:00 and 9:00am on Saturday. In the morning will be demo's. We will have Lollipop Sticks ( steel cable weld to rebar) to make cable Damascus. They will be numbered so first come first served to use the welding forge and press.
Boston Tandy Store Manager will be giving a demo on leather work.
Bring some show and tell, also any steel you would like to forge. Aldo Bruno will be here so steel will not be a issue. :D
Will have 4 gas forges available and a coal forge if anyone wants to fire it up.
I have some smoked salsa made up so we can have a taste off. HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Bubba's, if I forgot anything or any more ??? please advise.2thumbs

Updated the people that will be eligible for the drawings
BBBB Beaver 20
Gary (Wolf) Rua 20
Paul Sabin 20
Les Oist 20
Mike Newbury 20
Ron Rochan 20
Nathan Thomas 20
Shawn (Scar)T. 20
Jon Steiner 20
Dan Pierson 20
Dick Stockford 20
Ricky (Bubba Sr.) 20
Jim Siska 20
Tom Brawley 20
Jeffrey Zercie 20
Tom Militano 20
Ernie Balch 20
Aldo Bruno 20
Don Desmond 20
Other door prizes
Billet of ladder pattern Damascus
Dyed blue and stabilized whale's rib bone. This is will work well on folders.

:eek:Hey Bubba!! See you Friday before noon!! Just a warning:D
I was with Aldo yesterday. We forged out his "new steel" I named it Brun80, We'll see what Aldo's gonna call it?

Picture259.jpg

Aldo giving me this encouraging look?
Picture263.jpg

Picture260.jpg

Picture261-1.jpg

Aldo is coming?.......I guess I'll have to drive the big van and bring a pile of money. He always has some interesting steel.

A leather demo sounds perfect.

ernie

Bubba Sr. Boy, I am glad I didn't have breakfast yet.:eek::eek:
I can't take pic's of you and Aldo on a full stomach. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!
PS: What kind of good beer you bring????2thumbs

"I was with Aldo yesterday. We forged out his "new steel" I named it Brun80, We'll see what Aldo's gonna call it?"
New steel you say?....That NJ steel baron is going to break me:eek::D
Scar

Got the tracking and drive wheels in for the NWG door prize, also Tracy donated 2thumbs plans for the NWG, so the plans will be in the door prizes too.cool 1
Thanks Tracy:cool::D
Door Prizes
NWG
Ladder pattern Damascus billet
Small piece of dyed and stabilized whale's rib bone
NWG Plans
Misc. stabilized slabs

Last edited:
:eek:Nice Prizes Presidente' Bubba!!

C.mon guys!!! Pay them dues for your chance to win some great stuff!!!2thumbs

Door Prize Update

Door Prizes
NWG
Ladder pattern Damascus billet
Small piece of dyed and stabilized whale's rib bone
NWG Plans
Misc. stabilized slabs
Bar of Aldo's 1084 donated by Stabber.2thumbs Thanks Bubba Sr.cool 1

Hey Everyone,

I know it's last minute, and I'm sorry for that. If there is anyone crossing through Connecticut heading to Indian Georges Hammer-In that has it in their means to give me a ride, I would be eternally grateful. The cost of a bus twice in one month is beyond my means and my car is inoperable at this time. I can be in New Haven, which is minutes off of I-95 at whatever time you specify. Your schedule is my schedule.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Jeff

ain't you supposed to be catchin a ride with us Jeff? IG gave me your PH#....I think. PM me

Just got 20# of fresh pork shoulder for the Cacoila, 8# of Fava Beans and all the other fixings.:D
Will be marinating the pork tomorrow. Friday, I will be smoking up some pork for the Bubba's that are coming in on Friday.;)

Back