Grinder WIP

JawJacker

I decided to make myself a grinder, all I have now is a 2x42. I have outgrown it to say the least. I don't have 3k+ for one right now, so this is the road I'm taking.
I not a metal project guy, I took some ideas from whats out there. I have a 1hp on there now until XMas then I'll treat myself to a VFD setup. I made a bracket to mount a 56c face when Im there.
I know it seems tall, Im welding a cart with wheels to grind outside when I can. It also will have a 16''in sq plate on the bottom.

Working on the tracking wheel mount and ordering a tension shock and an idea to lock the vertical and horizontal position. Think I have a running start so far, any input appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0753.jpg
    IMG_0753.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 139

JawJacker

Trying to decide on the tracking wheel design. What is, if any the difference with some I see that track up and down VS left and right, any advantages???

JawJacker

Update, been very busy at work, my wheels came in. Platen almost done that slot for the angle is a bear. I'm trying to decide on a shock or compression spring for belt tension. I want to buy a cooling platen from PM if he's still doing them.

I was thinking about a ball screw belt tension idea, but as I'm so busy lately I may just go with the above mentioned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg