Grinder opinion

Gliden07

Ok guys I've been thinking of adding a new dedicated horizontal grinder to help me with efficiency. I'm on a shoe-string budget. I have a 2HP 3ph 1725 RPM motor, wheels, arms and platen from my Reeder. All I really need is a frame and VFD (Also considering using my current KBAC with a DPDT switch so don't even really need that). Question is has anyone used a Polar Bear Forge GIB2? A friend of mine has the Sling one but I was wondering about the GIB2. Thanks!

I can't find anything on the GIB2. I've built a bunch of the GIBs. They need a few mods to make then work correctly (IMO), but otherwise, they are solid usable machines...

Personally, I've never been able to justify buying a strictly horizontal grinder.... especially since I own a KMG TX.... that goes both vertical and horizontal. I hate stopping to do the changeover, but it's still not enough for me to justify spending the $$$ on a horizontal. I'd say unless you are going to use a horizontal as much, or more then you do your standard grinder, I'd be inclined to recommend just buying a second grinder that is vertical/horizontal.

I can't find anything on the GIB2. I've built a bunch of the GIBs. They need a few mods to make then work correctly (IMO), but otherwise, they are solid usable machines...

Personally, I've never been able to justify buying a strictly horizontal grinder.... especially since I own a KMG TX.... that goes both vertical and horizontal. I hate stopping to do the changeover, but it's still not enough for me to justify spending the $$$ on a horizontal. I'd say unless you are going to use a horizontal as much, or more then you do your standard grinder, I'd be inclined to recommend just buying a second grinder that is vertical/horizontal.
I do have a Reeder that does both. I was gonna use the Reeder as the Horizontal but was lazy on the post!! LOL!!

Back