grinder help

buckskin1

Does anyone know anything about this belt grinder a friend of a friend has it for sale and was thinking about buying it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 60
I agree with Calvin. I dont recall seeing anything like it exactly, but I have seen knife sharpeners that are similar.

yup, its for sharpening. A friend has one very similar.

if i remember rightly the belts were of a hard to get size, his one ran very slowly and was not suitable for anything other than sharpening and polishing.

that grinder is for sharpening, the contact wheel is just straight diecast aluminum no rubber coating, it also runs on bushings rather than bearings, the belts do not track well , the belts are a uncommon size, i have rebuilt several of these over the years in meat plants , i found them poorly suited for sharpening knives.

It is only for sharpening knives. You would be hard pressed to make a knife with it. A good machine to have. If you don't want it, shoot me a note and I will buy it. ....Teddy

It is only for sharpening knives. You would be hard pressed to make a knife with it. A good machine to have. If you don't want it, shoot me a note and I will buy it. ....Teddy

Teddy, I would pass on that thing.
I use my 2 x72" belt grinder for sharpening knives professionally & make knives with it! :biggrin: You can get a wide variety of belts. If you need any pointers just ask me?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back